Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Honeylie
Frequent user August 2021 Quebec

Planning your own Bachelorette Party

Honeylie, on February 3, 2020 at 19:28 Posted in Before the wedding 0 10
Hi everyone,

I am just curious, were there any of you here who planned their own Bachelorette/Bachelor party?
If so, why, and how did it go?
I have a feeling I will need to plan mine myself, so wondering how it went for those who did the same.
Thank you !!! xxx

10 Comments

Latest activity by Allison, on February 5, 2020 at 13:29
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I planned my own, mostly because we wouldn't be able to have it until 2 days before the wedding. My bridal party is scattered all over Ontario/Manitoba, so it wasn't feasible to travel a lot.

I also knew most of my bridal party wasn't familiar with my hometown so they may not know what we were able to do. I also didn't want to do anything big, since it was 2 days before the wedding.

We ended up going for pedicures in the afternoon then out to dinner at London's Rec Room. We stayed there a bit and played games, then took an Uber back to my parent's house where the girls slept over.

• Honeylie
    Honeylie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks so much for this Megan! this made me feel a lot better about the whole situation.

I am glad you had fun and everyone got along !! Smiley heart

• Megan
    Curious September 2019 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I planned my own bachelorette party. We all had to travel (two lived in the US) so we agreed to all go to a location. We went to DisneyWorld because it ended up costing us just as much as Nashville or Vegas and we all love Disney. I didn’t mind planning most of the details as I know all the girls and this was going to be their first time actually meeting. For my group it was also easier for me to book everything and have each girl reimburse me rather then having bridesmaids try and coordinate (especially with the cross boarder situation of the group). I didn’t let it stress me out and the girls ended up getting along better (in my opinion) because they didn’t have to argue over “trying to make me happy” or paying each other back. I also paid for most of my own way (only fair in my mind because travel was involved) and only asked the girls to pay for some of my drinks. We are all in budgets and weddings are expensive enough for all of us. Planning my own bachelorette worked out in my favour but I also didn’t need surprises to have fun and I knew what budgets we were all working with. We all ended up having a blast and remember it’s about spending time with your bridal party and having a good time not necessarily focused on the “traditional events” Smiley smile
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yup all my girls have planned their own! they love it cuz they get to do what they actually want to do!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I didn't plan mine myself - but I for sure gave them all the ideas of what I wanted so they just had to book the activities and get the supplies. I told them I would be open to x, y, z and then they choose what we would do and work it out budget wise since they paid for everything.

• Honeylie
    Honeylie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Amelia!

yeah, due to those issues i prefer to plan ahead. I get too anxious waiting and not having a clear plan.

I have not thought about giving them any tasks because i know they are having money issues, thus my hesitation Smiley sad

• T
    Curious July 2020 Ontario
    Tina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I planned my own bachelorette, it was pretty easy tho cuz I just made them all buy tickets to a concert they already wanted to go to, and then we’re going to make a day and overnight stay out of it and have some girl time ! 😁
  • Jenny
    Newbie May 2022 Ontario
    Jenny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What are you guys doing for yours?

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Im planning most of mine. I've told a few friends about what I'd like to do and when we get closer I might ask them to help with small specific tasks (like putting up decorations, or planning a few games).
    It only seems daunting if you let it, I keep thinking about it as a pre-planned girls night out with a few extras, or as a very exclusive pub crawl.
    I know you mentioned that your bridal party hasn't been excited, but if you gave them clear tasks would they step up?
  • Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I planned my own!! it’s two weeks from today, but so far so good!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics