Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Newbie July 2022 Alberta

Planning for 2022

Haleigh, on April 15, 2021 at 13:50 Posted in Alberta 0 7

Hi everyone. Newly engaged, here! Smiley diamond Smiley shame Just wondering about how people are planning for Alberta weddings in 2022? Are you keeping covid restrictions in mind or assuming it will be safe by then? We are hoping for May, July, or August of 2022 and likely ~130 people, but aren't sure if this is too ambitious or not! (Obviously nobody can predict the future, but hoping to get a general sense of how people are approaching this!)

7 Comments

Latest activity by Kyra, on April 18, 2021 at 20:38
  • K
    Newbie September 2022 Alberta
    Kyra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congrats on your engagement! We booked a destination wedding (possibly too brave) for May 2022. Honestly we had a hard time finding the date we wanted because so many people have booked already ... which I thought could be a positive sign? I think wherever you book flexibility on cancellation or date change is key. Hope for the best, plan for the worst? Best of luck!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congrats on your engagement! If I was to plan for next year, I would certainly keep the times in mind and hope for the best. Its getting unpredictable to know when shut downs are taking place or different systems for opening.
  • A
    Newbie September 2022 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congrats on your engagement! We just booked our wedding for September of 2022 in Banff. We are planning as normal but are having a smaller wedding, around 60 people. We also went with a wedding planner that said if covid is still an issue we can move the date with no extra cost and if we need a smaller wedding due to covid then we would get some money back. She did mention that venues that hold a larger amount of people are already all booked for 2022. So if you are considering Banff then I would start looking for venues soon. Fingers crossed that we are back to a normal life by then.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

First off congrats on the engagement!

My fiance and I are postponing our August 2021 to August 2022 and we already postponed from August 2020. We're going to plan as normal until the new year once again and see how things are. Then we'll change things again if we need like guest list and such

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congratulations on your engagement, Haleigh!
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are getting married in May 2022. Kinda just planning as if covid won't be an issue then. Our total guest list is 54 people. We have our reception venue, officiant and photographer booked so far. I think 2022 weddings should be fine, especially spring/summer ones. If you are wanting 2022 I would try to book the important things (venue, photographer, officiant, etc) asap! There are a lot of 2021 weddings being postponed which could make it hard to get the wedding vendors you want!
  • Brittany
    Devoted December 2022 Yucatán
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

HI! Also recently engaged, I decided to wait till 2023. After speaking to others around me who are also engaged and looking myself through availability at numerous different places; 2022 is pretty booked up! Since we are still experiencing Covid restrictions and Kenney recently announced that we won't be back to normal until 75% of the population has the vaccine which won't happen till September.

With that being said, a lot of people who already have deposits at places are already post-poning their 2021 wedding to 2022 so they may also get first dibs on who books with them for the next year.

Also, this gives me more time to save and get a banging location that I actually want instead of settling! I also really wanted to do 2022 and have it during fall (September-November) and anything that is nice is booked!

Hopefully this helps! Smiley smile Also congrats!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics