Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Cristina
Frequent user September 2018 British Columbia

Planning everything yourself!

Cristina, on September 14, 2017 at 01:10 Posted in Before the wedding 0 7
Hey ladies so it turns out I am planning everything myself. The wedding. The bridal shower. Just scheduling appointments. Meeting with people for certain things just wanting a wedding. Wanting to marry my best friend and no cooperation from those who should be helping you and stand by you on the special day!

7 Comments

Latest activity by Jen, on September 15, 2017 at 14:21
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We've been planning the whole thing ourselves as well, except for the stag and doe- his parents did that. As I see it you don't need to have other people help plan a day that is about you and your FH. If it's just you two planning it then there isn't as much stress and fighting amongst everybody.

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You will be happy when it's all over. My advice is to simplify as much as you can. If you're not getting help, make it a simple wedding. Do you really have to have a bachelorette AND a shower? I just called all the ladies and said we're having a dinner at this restaurant as a meet and greet. Separate bills of course. Make things simple and you won't get as stressed about people not helping. My FH just wanted a city hall wedding and dinner at a restaurant. There's nothing wrong with that, at all. We didn't end up doing that because we couldn't find a nice restaurant and city hall isn't open on the weekend. SIMPLIFY.

• Cristina
    Cristina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Everything that is going on took the fun out of planning and the excitement to even getting married. It is supposed to be a happy time did not know weddings take on more then expected....
  • Cristina
    Cristina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Haha thanks. I know during the wedding planning it's all on the bride but for the bachelorette and bridal shower I have to plan it as well. My maid of honor well not sure why she committed when she refuses to even plan it with my mother so whatever, I decided I will plan what I need to get done myself like the bridal party is just there for looks.
  • Katherine
    Curious September 2018 Ontario
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You and I, both. Ever since I got engaged, I've been planning everything myself too, like inquiring to all vendors and booking meeting with the priest and doing the head count myself. although my maid of honour and bridesmaids are all supportive and have the willingness to help, they all think that since my wedding is not until in 2 years, that it's way too early to start planning.

Anyway, Goodluck for the both of us. LOL!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That is unfortunate but I hope at least your FH is on board to help when and where he can. The bridal party is really only supposed to plan things like bachelorettes and bridal showers (though that can also be hosted by the mother of the bride). Good luck!

• Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm sorry to don't have any support. Technically, I don't think anyone is supposed to help you plan the wedding, I know a lot of people assume that the bridal party is supposed to do it but it's not really their job.
    If you can't hire a wedding planner, you should be able to get some guidance from your venue. If you have questions on timing or need help with selecting vendors, they should be able to help you.
    Good luck!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics