Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

KELLY
Super October 2023 Ontario

Planning a sweet table

KELLY, on February 24, 2022 at 13:24 Posted in Wedding reception 0 9

Hey Everyone Smiley smile

Our venue is letting us provide our own sweet table, we are stuck on what to include. We are having a one tier cake for our cake cutting and cupcakes for our guests. The plan so far is cookies, mini cheesecakes and macarons, the issue we are having is how do you calculate how many of each item you will need. There will be approximately 90 guests- do we plan for three or four pieces per guest? HELP!!!!

9 Comments

Latest activity by Hank, on February 25, 2022 at 15:34
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If you're not serving dessert and wedding cake is optional, I would say 3-4 pieces per person is a good amount. And because you're opting for mini-sized pastries, it should be a hit (I might be in the minority, but I prefer more things in smaller pieces than less things in bigger portions haha).

• KELLY
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey there Hank,

We not not serving a dessert course, we will have a one layer cake for us to cut and assorted cupcakes instead of wedding cake for the guests. Since we are staying at the Inn on our wedding night we planned the extra boxes for guests to take a few extra goodies home with them.

• KELLY
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you Malyssa,

It sure does!

• KELLY
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you Liberty, I will look for it!

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You're welcome! I hope the video is as helpful for you as it was for me
  • katiekies
    Curious May 2023 British Columbia
    katiekies ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm glad I came over to this discussion! Thank you for posting about the video Liberty Smiley heart

• Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Im in the process of hiring a bakery to make our dessert table (this will be our only dessert) and we are opting for smaller, more "bite size" sweets like donuts, cookies and squares. Our baker suggested 2-3 per person, so we will have 50 donuts and 100 of a variety of cookies and squares 150 total)

Hope that helps.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Are you also serving a dessert course with your meal? That will factor heavily on how much sweets someone will get. Usually if the venue gives desserts, guests tend to not get as much cake. I think it's a know your crowd situation too. If they're the type with a major sweet tooth, then go all out.

If you're afraid of having leftovers, I suggest getting take out boxes that guests can fill with sweets to take home.

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Jamie wolfer posted a video on YouTube that I found very helpful for planning our dessert table!
    Planning a sweet table 1

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics