Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

V
Newbie September 2022 Ontario

Planning a honeymoon with an irregular period

Vanessa, on May 26, 2022 at 16:30 Posted in Honeymoon 0 7
This might me a little tmi but how do people plan their honeymoons around their periods. I have an irregular period so it’s impossible to plan ahead for our honeymoon. Any tips?

7 Comments

Latest activity by Anne, on June 9, 2022 at 20:17
  • A
    Ontario
    Anne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    When I got married some 20 years ago I went to my doctor and asked for birth control pills…3 months worth and with a little math took it so that I would get my period once I returned from my honeymoon. Did this for every major vacation I took down south. Doctor was cool with it and totally supported it.
  • Rebecca
    Expert October 2023 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I feel this on an insane level I've learned to just have my arsenal of supplies close at hand. one of my girlfriends swears by period cups but i tried that once and let me tell you never never again. looked like a scene from Carrie.

i have irregular and very heavy periods so i know the struggle I've found depends for the 2-3 heavy days have been great especially at night and my saving grace ultra tampons and pair them with these underwear from knix and i can do anything KNIX Leak Proof i haven't had a leak in a year since I've started using these.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I wouldn't stress over this and not plan around it. If it happens, it happens . Bring supplies just in case and just enjoy your vacation!
  • Jenny
    Frequent user September 2022 Ontario
    Jenny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No tips but solidarity - my period is irregular also and I might even be on it at the wedding at this point 😅
  • Danielle
    Frequent user April 2022 Ontario
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I usually have the most regular period on earth and I thought it would be easy to plan both the wedding and honeymoon around it , and yet it still somehow did not work out! I ended up due the day of the wedding somehow, and by some miracle it held off til the next day, which was the day before our honeymoon. Moral of the story: You can't really plan around these things so don't stress - We still had a wonderful and relaxing honeymoon. Just make sure you have all the supplies you may need incase. I use the stick on heating pads, etc. but we were in Mexico, where it was 40 degrees so I felt great without.

• R
    Newbie July 2022 Alberta
    Romy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I just discovered this new product called nixit. It’s kind of like the diva cup but even better. I haven't tried it yet myself but I'm told you can do pretty much everything on it!
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

When you are deciding on a honeymoon I would have this issue in the back of your mind, depending how heavy it is you may not want to spend a week laying on a beach or trekking through a jungle..

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics