Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jessica
Newbie August 2017 Alberta

Planning a cruise?

Jessica, on April 3, 2017 at 16:10 Posted in Honeymoon 0 6

Hi there!

We have never done a cruise before and are trying to plan something at the end of August/beginning of September. Any recommendations for about 7-10 day cruises? Also, any suggestions for discounts? We have looked at red-tag and may try and use our bank points for flights, but if anyone knows of a secret way to get cheaper flights or cruises let me know!

Thanks!!

6 Comments

Latest activity by Sheri, on November 26, 2017 at 09:50
  • Sheri
    Beginner November 2018 Ontario
    Sheri ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have been on Royal Caribbean, Carnival and MSC and loved all of them so much I am actually planning a cruise wedding. For fun I recommend Carnival, for good drink packages and an absolutely beautiful ship I recommend MSC. They also have great packages and deals for balcony. However the music and entertainment wasn’t that great IMO. Royal was overall the perfect balance of everything. Some fun, great food, great entertainment. I also recommend ocean view or balcony if you can afford. The sound of the ocean was just unreal and the absolute best experience.

With regards to flight I have booked with Aeroplan and cibc reward. Great deals and worth cards to hold
  • Vanessa
    Expert August 2018 Manitoba
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have been told recently by my cousin who does cruises a lot that celebrity cruises is absolutely horrible and to stay away. She has gotten lots of freebies from them and upgraded a few times but that was because of their constant errors and mistakes with flights, accommodations, and detour after detour, layover after layover.

• Ashley
    Super June 2018 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A cruise sounds like so much fun! Never been but ive heard they are really fancy and fun to go on. Don't know about honeymoons but that's up to you and your S.O.

Cheers Smiley smile

• Gyann
    Newbie August 2018 Alberta
    Gyann ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Caribbeans cruise would be nice. I would recommend eastern caribbean as the port of call are nicer. If you want a longer than 7 nights, you can try Southern caribbeans, its a mix of the two and usually 10 nights. I would try and see if expedia cruise center have any good deal. They are usually really good plus they can help book your flights as well and maybe throw in some onboard credits given its your honeymoon

• Zoë
    Master June 2020 Ontario
    Zoë ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Jessica!

I'm so happy to hear from you! Are you exited? Smiley heart If you want you can take a look at the vendors that do cruises.

Cruise

You can also join this discussion in the community to see if the other brides-to-be have any tips.

Cruises as honeymoon? - Taylor

I can't wait to hear more about your ideas for your wedding! What have you booked so far? Did you already choose your wedding dress!Smiley ring

• Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Do you want to do a cruise where it's warm weather or cooler, like Alaska?

How many places do you want to see?

Do mind spending a good amount of time on the ship (i.e. 2-3 days straight)?

For flights, book at least 6-8 weeks in advance and, if you can, fly on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, or Saturday.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics