Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner August 2019 British Columbia

Planning a budget friendly wedding

Miao Miao, on January 15, 2019 at 00:19 Posted in British Columbia 0 3
Hi Beautiful ladies , my wedding is coming up in August. It will be at a garden. I am not hiring a planner. Therefore I'm in a search of a Vancouver local florist and a rental company for chairs and tables.

I will only need the florist to decorate the arch and make some flower decor on chairs.

Do guys have any recommendations?

I was thinking I can go to local flower shop to order flowers and have my friends hang it on for me. And have rental company provide chairs and tables. Sorry it may sound silly, but I am planning a budget friendly wedding.

Thank you for reading. Any response is appreciated. I am open to suggestions and ideas. Many thanks ! Have a good day.

3 Comments

Latest activity by Joey, on February 6, 2019 at 15:17
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey, have you found your rental company already? If not, have you checked the ones we have on WeddingWire? You can send pricing requests right through our site to make things easier for you - these are the event rental companies in BC, but you can narrow the list down by your town

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would overall go rental vs. purchasing for several reasons:

1. Vendor that may have arches fully decorated can save you a lot of time and effort for taking on yourself or others to help with all the work to be done.

2. The cost of real flowers will be expensive and wasteful knowing its for one day. Artificial is good only if you have good reason to keep it after for resell purposes or decorating your home with it.

3. The purchase price for an arch seems high unless you go DIY with wood and painting it the colour of your choice. White material is nice to have in the back of it to give that contrast. Greenery/flowers on the front give it the appeal of colour to you reception.

Hope this helps in the direction you heading or some guidance when shopping around.

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congratulations on your engagement! Welcome to the Wedding Wire community!

My first go to for vendors is the vendors list on wedding wire. It’s an added bonus if they offer a discount.

When you contact them, be upfront with your budget and your vision, as most places will do their best to work with you.

If you really want a DIY project though, try Costco for your flowers. As with all diys, no matter where you get your flowers, you may want to make a few mockups firstto get the hang of things.

Be sure to share your end results with us!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics