Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

D
Beginner August 2021 Ontario

Places to Elope in Ontario

Devrie, on February 27, 2021 at 21:56 Posted in Ontario 0 3
Hey everyone,

I have been posting a lot on here recently. I have been coming up with plan b, c, d and now on to e.
It seems extremely unlikely that we will be able to get married this summer in NS as original planned. I had always wanted to elope since I have a hard time spending that much money for one day. But my fiance always dreamed of a big wedding. Now that Covid is rearing it's ugly head even more this year, he has decided that the wedding of his dreams is not going to happen in the near future so he would rather elope just the 2 of us and use our wedding fund for your future.
Ok so that long story was all so say, we are looking for a place that offers elopement packages. Ideally somewhere surrounded by nature, think Bruce Peninsula, Godrich by the water or even a beautiful hiking trail. I just need a place that we can stay overnight, and an officiant included. I will hire a photographer separate. If you know of any places like that, please drop the name below. Thank you!

3 Comments

Latest activity by Hank, on March 1, 2021 at 16:17
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Glad I can help. Good luck with planning!
  • D
    Beginner August 2021 Ontario
    Devrie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much for your suggestions! I will definitely look into some of these places. You are always so helpful on here!
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You're better off finding an officiant in whatever area you choose rather than finding a place with a "package." Something like this lumped as a package might cost more than if you were to find your ideal accommodations and hire someone nearby.

Most officiants will service their town plus surrounding areas without a travelling fee.

As for suggestions on where to go:

Footprints Resort in Bancroft - rent a cabin, hang out at a private beach, and explore the nature in the Bancroft/Peterborough area

Millcroft Inn in Caldeon - a luxery getaway close to home. Have breakfast by a waterfall and enjoy a spa date with massage and outdoor hot tub (covid pending)

The corporate owner of Millcroft, Vintage Hotels, also have a ton of properties in Niagara on the Lake and that's close to a ton of nature like Balls Falls.

Deerhurst Resort in Muskoka - close to Arrowhead Provincial Park in Huntsville

Scarborough, the eastern part of the City of Toronto, is home to Rouge National Urban Park (a huge park that stretches into neighbouring cities, Markham and Pickering, with tons of trails), Valley Land Trail connected to the University of Toronto Scarborough Campus, Bluffers Park, and the Toronto Zoo. If you're driving, you can stay in downtown Toronto (in case you want some more exciting nightlife - covid pending) or in one of Scarborough's hotels like Marriott Delta East.

A bed and breakfast in Prince Edward County where the sandbanks are

Stay in Blue Mountain and hike their trails during the summer when it's not used for skiing.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics