Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Victoria
Newbie October 2019 Ontario

Pizza and Pie

Victoria, on January 5, 2019 at 08:37 Posted in Wedding reception 0 10
My FH and I are very unconventional when it comes to weddings.

We are having a really causal rustic country-esque (almost all DIY) wedding. I know some of your are torn on pizza at receptions and those of you who say that its a great idea said dont do dominoes or pizza hut. I just wanted to know everyones ideas on mine.

We dont want to do a wood fire oven cause our venue is inside. And they limit us to 1.5 hours and 2 mini pizza PP for a really expensive price. There is this family owned restaurant that makes gourmet pizza, it's our favourite. It does come in a box but my friend who is my day of coordinator suggested the pizzas come through the kitchen doors of the venue and she can get her staff to transfer them to a pan and bring them out. They will get warms but chafing fuel or a heat lamp

There will be other foods there. Either homemade (pies and desserts) or bought as a platter/bulk from a resturant. Everything will be warmed (If needed) by a chafing dish or heat lamp. I cringe at the idea of having a crock pot at my wedding.

Thank you everyone and happy wedding planning!

10 Comments

Latest activity by Peggy, on February 4, 2019 at 17:00
  • Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think that sounds like a fun wedding! We're doing a taco buffet for our main meal, and a hot dog buffet for midnight supper, so I'm right there with you on unconventional food items at a wedding! Do what you want, have fun and enjoy!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love the idea of having pizza and pie at a wedding! Your guests will love it!

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it sounds awesome. I shared this photo with another bride who was looking at serving pizza. I think if you're able to transfer them to platters, that would look the best, however it's totally okay to go completely laid back too! However, keeping them in the boxes won't allow for warming platters/heaters, so a serving dish/platter will look a bit fancier, but also help keep them warm!

Pizza is delicious. Just make sure you don't have any guests with gluten-free/dairy-free allergies, or you have some options for them!

PizzaPizza and Pie 1

• Lisa
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it sounds like a great idea! Who doesn't love pizza???

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sounds like an awesome idea and a wedding that I would love to go to!! YES! Do it! Nothing wrong with that at all - and I think the idea of transferring the pizza out of the boxes is fantastic!

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think that's a fine idea!!!! Like you said served in boxes might not be the classiest but if you transfer them to pans that can be warmed underneath I think that would look awesome! And supporting a local favourite business is PERFECT!!!

Pizza and Pie 2
  • Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our midnight snack is going to be cold pizza. You do you, girl! I am ****% supportive of pizza decisions 🤤🤤

Our meal is tacos, so I'm sure some leftovers from that will make their way out too!
  • Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    One of the weddings we went to did pizza as a midnight snack and it was so amazing! It was a hit with everyone! As a guest I would be pumped about having pizza at a wedding
  • Joannie
    Curious September 2019 Quebec
    Joannie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing tacos and beer at our wedding! We wanted something simple and casual and we don’t really care about what people might think. If they are not happy, they can stay home. We are paying everything ourselves so we decide on what we do. It’s your wedding day, you should do what you and you FH wantSmiley smile
  • Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Honestly, do what you want! This sounds great!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics