Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ashley
Beginner October 2021 Ontario

Picture display

Ashley, on September 15, 2021 at 09:50 Posted in Wedding reception 0 6

Hi Guys,

If we are going to have a display or two with pictures at the ceremony and reception, is it okay to do just as as a couple? or should we have our baby pictures, family pictures etc too? What is typical/expected? We don't want to offend anyone if it is just pictures of us two but might be a little easier on us to do it that way. What is best to do?

Thanks, everyone Smiley smile

6 Comments

Latest activity by Liberty, on September 15, 2021 at 23:29
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've been thinking about this and will probably just do couple photos!
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Absolutely do whatever you want! We didn't do any pictures at all. I've been to weddings with all variations of pictures from none to everyone. Your wedding, your way!
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

There's absolutely no standard for something like this. Feel free to display anything you want as long as it feels right.

• Brooke
    Beginner November 2022 Ontario
    Brooke ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Backing up the "do what feels right" here. If we have a photo table it will actually be an Ofrenda with photos of our dead loved ones, orange colour blossoms (ideally marigolds but given our climate probably tissue flowers or carnations), and a few items likely to please the spirits of our dead loved ones. My Baptist grandmother would probably hate it, but most of our loved ones are Catholic, and our wedding is the first weekend of November when our church would typically hold a Requiem Mass for the dead on a Saturday.

Is this typical for a wedding in Canada? Absolutely not. But it suits us and our feelings about family and the traditions I grew up with.

• Stacey Tc
    Devoted August 2022 Saskatchewan
    Stacey Tc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

As far as I know there is no etiquette or expectation for this. Most of the time I've seen pictures of the couple or nothing at all.

I've seen all of the above, just one of, or none done.

It is YOUR day, do what feels best.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can do whatever you want, it's your wedding remember that! For my fiance and I, we are only having pictures of us as a couple at our sign in table, a few of our favorite engagement photos. We had found this beautiful picture frame from Homesense "Our Happily Ever After" and we'll be displaying them on this

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics