Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Newbie September 2020 Alberta

Photographers

Emily, on July 9, 2019 at 08:18 Posted in Alberta 0 6
Hey everyone! What are y'all spending on your photographer? My Budget for the wedding is between 10,000 and 15,000 and my friend who is a legit professional photographer said she would do it for 1200 but my Fiance still says that's too much and we couldn't afford that. I'm just curious what you guys are spending on your photographer? I personally feel like 1200 is manageable with our budget

6 Comments

Latest activity by Tori, on July 9, 2019 at 11:48
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

...Mine isn't either... but hey - to each their own?

(My venue is 45 minutes past the perimeter of the city and it will be about about 1 hour 20 min for her to travel.)

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think it’s a great deal then! Photographers in Calgary are super expensive, and we struggled because we didn’t want to spend a huge chunk of our budget on photography, but we want beautiful pictures of course! My wedding budget is 20,000 so comparatively we would both be spending just over 10% of our budget on the photographers, which doesn’t seem too over the top
  • E
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It's for most of the day. She is also traveling quiet a ways and is not going to charge us travel time
  • E
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The photographer is also traveling quiet a ways and she isn't charging for travel!
  • Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re paying $2500 for full day coverage with two photographers! We booked our photographers with 2 years before our wedding, and now they’re charging $3500 for the same package, so i’m THRILLED we booked when we did. I think $1200 is not too bad at all, but it depends what’s included! Is that full day coverage, or just a few hours?
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's still too much!!! Is she even a friend???

My friend is doing it for free (but I insist on paying her). The photographers that I got quotes from before she agreed to do it was roughly $2,000 - but with discounts from wedding shows they were all roughly $1,500-$1,200.....

With that being said, her pricing is normal for photography but she isn't exactly giving you a friends and family discount... more like a 30% off one...

Photographers 1

average basic packages were around $1,600

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics