Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Newbie June 2022 Alberta

Photographer late on delivering photos

Karmen, on November 28, 2022 at 17:30 Posted in Just married 0 8
Hello lovely brides! I’m just looking for some advice or stories on your experiences with this. Our wedding was on June 30, 2022. We quickly found out after we put our deposit down that this photographer is terrible with communication and keeping to timelines. Our contracts states photos will be delivered 8-12 weeks following our wedding date. Our engagement photos and sneak peaks were already quite late. They are great people and produce beautiful photos but the poor communication is just so frustrating. Now coming up to five months we still have not received our photos. I reached out again November 2, 2022 via text to ask for an update. No response. I sent an email letting them know my frustrations and asking for an update on November 4, 2022. They replied immediately via text following my email and said they’d have to photos ready by November 7 or 8, 2022. I sent another email again on November 25, 2022 but no response. Anyone have any advice!?

8 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on December 8, 2022 at 11:12
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can take the vendor to court if you wish for not fulfilling the contract timing of photos being delivered. This way they will know your serious about the lateness of final editing. Do save all your communications of emails, call timings and days to show as evidence so that you don't have to pay extra if it is stated on their contract. Give it one more try to see if they will deliver on time and consider your options for what you may be able to not pay more for their services as not completed.

• Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You're quite welcome!! Smiley sexy

• K
    Newbie June 2022 Alberta
    Karmen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Agreed!! Thanks Julie Smiley smile
  • Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You have a contract and could get some legal advice, maybe Legal Aid? But I would try one last attempt, with some stronger wording and a firm deadline. See what happens?

• K
    Newbie June 2022 Alberta
    Karmen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I was wondering if there’s any legal action we can take! I only reached out to three girls but know there are many others in the same boat!! Thanks for your advice Smiley smile
  • Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh boy, that's not good to hear. so sorry for all of you. I know how I would handle it. I would message them via text that a reply and pictures are due by a certain date, that you are aware of others in the same situation and if they do not reply, then I contact the authorities. That's just me though! I do hope it works out and you all get your pics sooner than later.

• K
    Newbie June 2022 Alberta
    Karmen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for the response Julie!! I ended up reaching out to three other brides and they’re all having the exact same experience unfortunately!! They work out if their home so I don’t think I can do a drive by!! Ughhh just feeling so cheated at this point!!
  • Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow sorry to hear this. super frustrating! Seems you've reached out enough. Have you done a drive by yet? Wondering if popping into their establishment may make a difference?? Or are they too far for you?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics