Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lisa
Newbie September 2024 Ontario

Photographer Cost?

Lisa, on May 24, 2023 at 13:35 Posted in WeddingWire 0 11

Hey all! We're getting married in Muskoka in September 2024. I've been quoted $5500 for an 8 hour shoot (does not include engagement shoot). I know inflation is real, but is this standard for an experienced wedding photographer!? I'm obviously new to it all so hard to know what's worth spending the money on and what's not. Do I need 8 hours? SOS.

11 Comments

Latest activity by Rebecca, on July 31, 2023 at 11:54
  • Rebecca
    Newbie October 2025 Quebec
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That seems really high. I'm in Montreal my photographer is costing $3000 + tax for 8hours and that includes the engagement shoot
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Lisa,

Have you found a photographer yet? When we booked ours he was under $2K with 10 hours and 2 shooters. at first I was a bit leery but he came recommended by 7 people I know personally so we booked him and all interactions so far have been amazing!

• K
    Newbie June 2023 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My Wedding planning service is 800 up to the day of cermony i have a guy that does it for 350 for 5 hours

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would say that's on the high end, even for the Greater Toronto Area. Is this a Muskoka based photographer or are you trying to bring in someone from a different region like the GTA?

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You're welcome! She was also very easy going to work with on the wedding day!
  • Lisa
    Newbie September 2024 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! I do agree with you and have been hunting around a bit more. I actually just reached out to Amy because I love her work! Thanks Smiley smile

• C
    Newbie July 2024 Manitoba
    Carissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Lisa,

We just booked our photographer for out 2024 wedding and we're paying $2450 for 8 hours with the main photographer, 4 hours for a secondary photographer (so we can capture the groom getting ready) and a wedding album.

I think the 8 hours is plenty depending on how your format your wedding. We're doing the first dance once we enter the reception , dinner and then the mother/son & father/daughter dances so we can get photos of everything.

That price really does seem steep. I would look around a bit more.

• Jackie
    Featured September 2023 Alberta
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Lisa, in AB I got a really good photographer who is doing 7 hours on my wedding day (plus a second photographer for 3 hours), plus an engagement shoot, for $2,700. The price you mentioned seems quite steep. If I were you, I would shop around more. I found my photographer on FB, check social media as well as google searches. Good luck!!

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would keep shopping around if you can, but keep in mind that photographers are expensive especially for weddings.

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I definitely think you could find something more affordable. We paid $1350 for 9 hours with an engagement shoot but our photographer was just starting out and since then she has raised her prices to like $2700.

I see you're getting married in Port Severn. My best fiend used Amy Vincent Photography (based out of Parry Sound area) I don't know what she charges but my friend said she was fairly affordable compared to what she was being quoted for the most part.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Lisa, of course every province is going to have different pricing.

My husband and I paid $2500 for 12 hours 2 photographers, 500+ photos (we actually got just over 1000 photos), a USB drive and a photo book.

I absolutely loved having our photographers for 12 hours because we honestly got every single photo we could imagine. from the very beginning of the day both of us getting ready, to the very end of the evening minus 30 minutes before our venue closed.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics