Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Robyn
Super June 2019 Ontario

Photo of the couple - yay or nay?

Robyn, on May 8, 2019 at 07:38 Posted in Wedding reception 0 20

Just wondering - what are everyone's thoughts on having a photo of the couple at the reception's welcome table? We just had our engagement photo shoot and there is one I'd love to display... but it also feels slightly weird to me? Like, the guests know what we look like (I hope!).

On the other hand, my sister-in-law displayed a massive picture of her and her now-husband at their wedding, and now it's hanging in their house. It's a beautiful photo and a very sweet keepsake.

I'm torn... will anyone else be doing the welcome table photo?

20 Comments

Latest activity by Janaya, on May 9, 2019 at 15:17
  • Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

GIRL!! do the picture!! Smiley smile

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Okay, you guys convinced me, I'm doing the picture lol. Definitely one big one for sure, and I might borrow the idea of doing a collage as well. Thank you so much everyone!!

• Terri
    Frequent user July 2019 Nova Scotia
    Terri ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have a bunch of really cool frames with our pictures in it and some with my daughter as well. Since we are combining families (his kids are grown), I want people to have a little glimpse of what our family has been up to for the last 16 months or so. If you love your picture, GO FOR IT!! I think sharing a picture of your love story or piece of it) is sweet.

• Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It’s your wedding day so it’s all about you and your partner! I say do it.
    We aren’t having a slide show or anything so we are going to have a photo collage thing up by the wedding favours / guest book. There’s a lot of good ideas on Pinterest.
  • Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey! It's your day so I would definitely display it. You may also have some people eat your wedding that you haven't seen in awhile or that maybe know you well but haven't seen you fiance often, so it would be nice to see the picture.

I think you should do it at your welcome table or right in front of the signing book or even in front of the money box. I think it would be a great idea and I think i will be doing it as well. Smiley laugh

• Jenn
    Frequent user April 2019 Saskatchewan
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had one at our sign in table. I hadn't really thought about it before, but now that I am, the majority of the weddings that I've been to just have a photo or photos on display somewhere. Smiley smile
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I haven't seen a couple picture at any reception that I have attended for years. As far as the idea goes, it goes different for every couple and its fair to have one of your choice you like. There isn't anything wrong going with an engagement or wedding picture edited same day picture.

I do know you can create a guest book board of you two that guests can sign as they go to the gift table. That will be your photo to keep framed.

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are going to have photos of us spread out around the venue, I think like to see photos of the couple at the wedding. There are so many that I have been to that have collages or some sort of photo display of themselves. show off the photos!

• Sharlene
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Sharlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I plan to have a collage of some of our photos together on some of our trips away together.

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We didn't do this, but I wouldn't find it weird at all. I feel like I've seen this done before. If you have a gorgeous shot, go for it!

ETA - which photo is the one you want to display?

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh I love it! We will have a few photos around! All like 4x6" size so nothing MASSIVE but why not! I have seen brides do the large canvas prints too which are always really nice! But to me that size is a big much haha!

• Stephanie
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We will be having a slideshow going on the venue's tv screens throughout the entire day. We will probably also put up a few pictures in random locations.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Definitely OK to do this! I'm not sure if we'll do it but I also like the idea. I've been to weddings where they had a welcome table photo and I thought it was a nice touch!

• Melissa
    Devoted May 2019 Alberta
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

100% use a couples photo! Your photos were adorable and you definitely want to show those off Smiley smile

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Most of the weddings that I have been to have displayed a photo on the welcome table, so I don't think it's weird at all. We will probably do a welcome table photo, but we do not know 100% yet. As other's mentioned it's a great opportunity to show off an engagement photo that some people may not have gotten the chance to see before.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m doing this in our venues front foyer!

We dont have any nice photos of us together, so I think people would like to see a photo.

I also want to get a guestbook that has our photos in it that people can sign next to the photos!
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are still debating this.

I have a picture from our engagement shoot that I have blown up on canvas hanging in our house right now. We may take it down and use it for the welcome table because it is our favourite picture.

I have seen many people use an engagement picture at the welcome table. It adds a personal touch to your decor!

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think that people who normally wouldn't see that particular photo would enjoy seeing it. Plus it's your welcome table and I think that's perfectly acceptable to display it there.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't think that me and my FH will be doing this - but by no means is it self-absorbed, tacky, or anything of that sort!! It's cute and it's your wedding so go for it! (Although we aren't doing this, we are still considering having each table have a pic of us at that age!!)

• A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think photos of the couple are a nice touch Smiley smile They help to personalize the decor. Plus, after spending the money to get engagement photos done, I think you're justified in displaying them everywhere Smiley winking

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics