Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kelsey
Beginner September 2023 Ontario

Photo Locations in Ancaster!

Kelsey, on September 11, 2022 at 12:44 Posted in Ontario 0 9
Hi everyone!

I’m getting married at the Ancaster Mill next year but my ceremony isn’t until 7:30 pm and I can’t change it 😞 by the time the ceremony is over it’ll be pretty dark so I would love some suggestions for beautiful locations in Ancaster where we could maybe do a first look and take some pictures!

9 Comments

Latest activity by Kelsey, on September 26, 2023 at 10:53
  • Kelsey
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We ended up just doing a quick 30 minute first look right in front of the waterfall! It was perfect even though there wasn’t much sun since it rained all day. Overcast is actually the perfect time for photos!
  • Kelsey
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We ended up just doing a quick 30 minute first look right in front of the waterfall! It was perfect even though there wasn’t much sun since it rained all day. Overcast is actually the perfect time for photos!
  • G
    Newbie February 2024 Ontario
    Gabriela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Kelsey! Just wondering if you were able to find any other photo locations around Ancaster! We are getting married there next year as well but in the winter and are facing a similar challenge with the sun going down much earlier.
  • Kelsey
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Sorry for not getting back to you, I never saw this! Thankfully they’re letting us do a first look and photos around the grounds 30 minutes before our ceremony. I guess since other weddings will be going on that’s as much time as I could get beforehand.
  • A
    Newbie January 2025 Ontario
    Anna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've heard a lot about The Mill

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Are you having your reception there? If so, they should be prioritizing you to use the grounds. Most venues that offer ceremony only services kick out the couple by no later than 2pm because they need to set up for couples who are having a ceremony and dinner on-site.

Either way, I'd definitely ask if you can access the grounds away from the ceremony site earlier for pictures.

• C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oooh I understand. That's too bad! Have you asked? I'd definitely ask.
  • Kelsey
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We get access to the chapel at 7pm for our 7:30 ceremony and I’m not entirely sure we get access to the grounds as well. We can’t go before 7 because I believe there’s other weddings so fingers crossed we get access at 7!
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Is doing them at The Mill not an option? I grew up in Dundas - the mill is stunning!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics