Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hank
Featured September 2021 Ontario

Photo Booths

Hank, on December 7, 2020 at 16:47 Posted in Wedding reception 0 9

Is anyone here planning to use one for their wedding reception? If so, what are you planning to do about props? I've talked to a few vendors and no one seems to be offering good or viable alternate solutions.

9 Comments

Latest activity by Hank, on December 29, 2020 at 18:02
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My concern with props is covid. None of the companies I've talked to have viable alternatives to props. Some claim they clean them after every event but I'm weary to believe that.
  • Margaret
    Curious December 2021 Ontario
    Margaret ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our friend has a Photobooth company and decided to gift the service to us. They provide props, backdrop and printed photos (with frame). I’m not sure if they email the photos though
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did one for our 10 year reunion and we mostly hit up Party City and the dollar store for prop glasses, hats, feather boas, and whatnot. We also found grad themed speech bubbles on a stick from Party City.

A lot of people tend to sell them on Facebook yardsales after their big day since they aren't super likely to reuse them.
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Did they say what they're doing in regards to sanitizing them? Most vendors we've talked to who are still providing the typical level of props are kind of ignoring the health concerns around the idea of shared hand-helds and wearables.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re doing one! The vendor is providing us with props and we’re allowed to bring our own if we want.
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing a DIY photobooth as our venue allows it. One of our photographers will be taking the photos (less touch points). Our props are not wearables (I think that's gross even without covid), just fun sayings or objects on sticks. We will have sanitizer for before and after at the table as well as some wipes.
  • Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Hank!
    What you mentioned in your comment would be my suggestion. They have photo booths where you can add emojis and masks and comments onto the picture before saving and sending it to your e-mail or phone number - It would be the least contact that I can think of. They had some cools ones at the Bridal show in Toronto last year!

• Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah, a bunch of photo booth companies are still advertising wearable props during pandemic weddings (ew) or they'll say they clean them after every event (I highly doubt that). Then there are a bunch that are advertising contact-less photo booths - no props, you get a custom "frame" digitally inserted over your photo, and pictures aren't even printed but will be sent via email or social. I suppose that's the best option but they cost just as much as regular photo booths and I feel like this option is just a glorified setup on what you can do with a phone and a proper app.

• Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I assume you mean how is covid affecting props?

I've heard of some companies having digital props that you can add in after. It's definitely not the same but it could make for some great photos and fun if people are posing creatively to get the digital prop in there. The other thing I suppose you could try is giving out a prop or two to everyone as a wedding favour, but I could see this being problematic if people tried sharing them.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics