Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Newbie October 2021 Ontario

Party crew instead of a wedding party?

Marc, on October 15, 2020 at 23:52 Posted in Wedding reception 0 4

I've been thinking of having two long tables of friends who mean a lot to us at our reception to bypass the formal wedding party selection. Possibly asking the women to wear a specific colour and proposing to them as I would a bridesmaid but instead asking them to join the party crew. They would also be riding along with us on a party bus to and from venues and invited to get ready with me in the morning and invited to the bachelorette as well.

Has anyone done this? Challenges? Thoughts?

4 Comments

Latest activity by Amelia, on October 19, 2020 at 10:18
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We hadn't planned on having a wedding party. To make it easier to not hurt feelings by "inviting" some people and not others we asked our closest friends to be bridesmaids and groomsmen. This way it was only family and the wedding party there. It was a very symbolic title, no one stood up with us as our ceremony was very short and sweet. The girls all wore little black dresses and I gave them carte blanche on hair and makeup and shoes etc.

I like your idea! Based on several stressed out posts on here the "rules" about being in a wedding party are very blurry, so if you don't need or want to have roles and jobs for your friends then this is perfect!
  • Laura
    Devoted June 2022 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are actually doing exactly as you described. Friends are sitting in the front row on couches and the men are wearing pocket squares and the women are wearing the same colour. We didn't want any financial obligation (i.e. paying for a specific dress/for the bach/for the shower) but we wanted to honour them. I proposed to them as 'honoured guests'.

• T
    Beginner October 2020 Alberta
    Tasia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don’t have a bridal party. My 4 closest friends are all still getting ready with me and threw me a stagette. We decided we didn’t want a wedding party and just wanted it to be us. We are actually sitting alone together at our own table. Our wedding is also very small so having a bridal party wouldn’t take up a quarter of our wedding.

Personally I would skip the matching colours, having them sit with you and proposing to them like bridesmaids unless you want a bridal party. It might get confusing to everyone otherwise.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Getting them to dress a certain way in identical colours, riding together to the wedding, and asking them to sit up with you at the wedding pretty sounds like a bridal party, even if you aren't calling them that lol

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics