Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Newbie October 2022 Ontario

Party after an elopement

Erika and Cory, on January 14, 2022 at 09:38 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 3

Has anyone else run into this issue with COVID where you need to celebrate with family and friends after eloping? My partner and I are so excited for our wedding date and don't want to keep pushing it back. Who knows what will happen with COVID! We are eloping soon and hoping to have a party in October but we don't want folks to feel left out. Is anyone else planning a similar event, how do you help guests feel like they didn't miss out?

3 Comments

Latest activity by Justin, on March 16, 2022 at 22:37
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Its a great idea as my in laws did it when they got married in 2018 as they eloped in Nova Scotia and then held a small reception in their town in November. It was nice and just simple.

• Kirsten
    Beginner June 2022 Alberta
    Kirsten ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We eloped july 2021 and are having a party in June 2022. We’ll be rewearing out dress/suit, and our wedding party will get to wear their attire, so it’ll still feel like a reception. We’re going to involve the wedding party and family in the planning so they’ll feel like they’re a part of it as well. We’ll likely get a photographer again so our family will be able to get some wedding pics together. We got tons of pictures and a video of our elopement, so we shared the pictures with everyone already and we’ll be playing the video at the party so everyone can feel like they were a part of the day. Even though everyone missed out on the actual ceremony, we know everyone is looking forward to celebrating together!
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had to postpone only 10 days out so we still got married/eloped on our original date. Because of this, we still wanted to do our entire originally planned ceremony so we did have it on the day we had our full wedding.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics