Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Natasha
VIP August 2017 Ontario

Parents gifts ..... ideas

Natasha, on December 2, 2016 at 15:03 Posted in Before the wedding 0 8

Hello Ladies ..... my Fh asked me the other night what we are getting our parents as gifts for the wedding ... and I stop and said oh crap... I hadent thought of that yet ... I have absoloutley no idea ... no my FH and I have 2 sets of parents so I think we are leaning more towards "parent" gifts one gift for both instead of 8 individual gifts .....

What are you all getting your parents ?? or what did you get for your parents ??

Photo Frame

Photo Frame

plate

plate

Glassware .. Funny

Glassware .. Funny

Jewelry

Jewelry

Combo Frame for both

Combo Frame for both

Keychains

Keychains

I dont know what to get ???

I dont know what to get ???

8 Comments

Latest activity by Katrine, on August 1, 2019 at 13:24
  • K
    Frequent user September 2022 Ontario
    Katrine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would lean towards a frame with a wedding picture with parents in it.
  • Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I know it was definatly something that totally slipped my mind in the midst of everything ... now im like crap .. need to think of something awesome !!

• Cheryl
    Expert December 2017 British Columbia
    Cheryl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I haven't thought about it at all!
  • Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have not thought about this but I must say the glassware is funny! I would have to look and see what I can get them as it will be sentimental and for them to cherish.
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I like the picture frames, my dad doesn't wear ties often, so it might be nice to get him a special one Smiley smile

I'm going to keep creeping back to steal ideas!
  • Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I did these for my dad and step dad to wear the day of the wedding I already gave them to them a couple of weekends ago they were a big hit ! just don't know what to do for my mom and FMIL

Parents gifts ..... ideas - 1
  • Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We just had our moms. I got my mom a special bracelet. Her mom (my grandma) passed away a little over 5 years ago and I had her mom's signature turned into a bracelet for her! I'd been sitting on this gift for a while and thought it would be perfect for our wedding. She cried when she got it so I think it was a hit! The pic below is how it turned out! (The Etsy seller I got it from has it posted on her site!)

Handwriting Jewelry

Handwriting Jewelry

My husband had gotten his mom a necklace to go with her dress but she bought herself a necklace (which was nicer than the one he'd found) so we returned it and got her a bracelet that matched her dress instead.

I was thinking of getting my MIL this keychain but I think I'm going to do it for her birthday instead! https://www.etsy.com/listing/196959659/mother-of-the-groom-gift-keychainpurse?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=mother%20in%20law%20keychain&ref=sc_gallery_3&plkey=73b69bb1b59497cb67c61d32e09d666bda4693cd:196959659

I had seen these and think they're a great idea for dads/groomsmen! \https://www.etsy.com/listing/234426437/father-of-the-bride-father-of-the-bride

Tie back

Tie back

You could also give them a nice frame and say that you'll put a picture of you with them from the wedding in it! I'm going to do that for Christmas this year. Smiley shame

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I havn't even thought about this!!!! So I am curious to hear what other people are doing!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics