Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kelsey
Newbie June 2021 Saskatchewan

Over Sharing Bride

Kelsey, on March 3, 2020 at 12:36 Posted in WeddingWire 0 9
Anyone else go through this ? Have you dealt with it? I have a girl who’s now the wife of my fiancé’s best buddy. and I want to RIP MY HAIR OUT! I could literally say. Hey I’m pregnant guys . And she will be like oh yeah. Our wedding this. That. And we’re trying and go off about themselves ( both do it but she’s 10x worse ) and I could interrupt and say with twins !!! And she would come in with the same thing.
I have counted because I’m so annoyed. She adds a FB album of 170 photos 3-5 times a fkn day .. she has now shared her wedding video 3 times In one week with having full on comment conversations with the family member that’s literally in the next room in the same house ! Their wedding was 2.5 months ago now and it has been like this every. Single. Day. I also have a wedding coming up and I’m so sickened by her over sharing I feel completely ashamed to even want to say anything minor about my wedding. 😡

9 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on March 17, 2020 at 10:27
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Its overbearing to hear all about the wedding and how great it was with all the comments to read after it being done. She is an attention grabber and knows it all the way. Don't give in and just don't say anything around her if you feel she has unfiltered talk about herself. The toughest part is to ignore her all the time and start the wedding talk whenever you see her. Keep your families updated only as its more for them to know what's going on and anything else needed that needs to be done.
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ignore ignore ignore lmaooo. i would unfollow her on fb so i dont see her posts and when shes in person say cool and thats it. if not talk to someone else about anything lol

• Kelsey
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    😂😂 the only way this hasn’t happened is because I’ve been avoiding any social outing 😅 thanks for the love.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Man, I don't know how you haven't exploded (I don't have that kind of restraint), but I'm sending nothing but good vibes your way!!! All I would try at this point is maybe to just remind them when either of them start trailing off about themselves is to add a "but can we get back to me - okay, so for MY wedding...." I wouldn't feel bad about coming off as shutting them down when doing it either.

• Heidi
    Frequent user July 2020 British Columbia
    Heidi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I havent had anyone like that, deep breath.
    Big hug and it will all be over soon
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ugh I'm so sorry - I know how annoying that can be. We have friends like that actually and I've never felt a genuine closeness with them. They're my FH's friends and the relationship has basically just grown apart.

They are still invited to our wedding/bridal shower but not in our bridal party.

• Kelsey
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Sadly, I’ve unfollowed/hid her but she constantly tags the immediate group of friends including my FH. 😓 he feels the same way. The entire group feels the same way but her and her man are in our “immediate” group. There’s just no getting away from it. It’s Definitely more than just being excited. Unfortunately, these two constantly brag about the things they have wether it be the truth or a fabricated story. It’s exhausting. I along with a couple others, deliberately do not attend a lot of functions to avoid. I was more or less wondering if anyone else has had to go through the same constant reminder and if anything has come of it for them.
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm with Kelsie, I would hit unfollow and reduce your daily dose of drama from her. Some people turn conversations to themselves because they're excited and that's how they relate to your excitement, but this sounds like more than that.

Does your fiance feel the same way? If he does you might be able to avoid these people and spend more time with people who enjoy talking about you as much as about themselves.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think shes probably just excited (and obviously self involved). I have friends that post too much of a lot of things and I just hit the unfollow button on facebook and the mute button on instagram if its too much. That way youre still friends on social media but don't have to see their feed every two seconds.

I just would talk to other people about your wedding other than her - she seems pretty self involved and she'll just try to turn the conversation into something about her or her life. Some people are just like that unfortunately.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics