Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Heather
Newbie May 2020 British Columbia

Outside Catering Venues?

Heather, on June 10, 2018 at 00:28 Posted in British Columbia 0 5

Hi! Getting married in Vancouver, BC in May of 2020. We are currently living in Washington, DC. What are the best places to have a reception that will allow outside catering?

Thanks! Smiley smile

Future Mrs. Dr. Moody Smiley heart

5 Comments

Latest activity by Heather, on June 10, 2018 at 17:35
  • Heather
    Heather ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey thanks girl! I will look into it Smiley smile

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    One recommendation I have that’s absolutely beautiful is the Minnekhada lodge in Coquitlam. It’s absolutely beautiful, really affordable, you would have to get outside catering and liquor, and best of all, it’s in a regional park so there’s lots of trees and it’s on a mountain so you get the scenery.

One downside would be its not on route for transit so guests would need to have rental cars, or take a taxi.
  • Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I dont know if they accept outside catering or not, but check out the Tea house in Stanley park! It's got a maximum of 70 guests I believe, so it's quite intimate. My uncle got married there but I am unsure of the catering situation!
  • Heather
    Heather ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey Alexandra! First, thanks for replying. I appreciate it. We are having 40 guests max. I would like it to be Metro Vancouver as it will be easier for guests to get around, but being 10 miles (or 16km). Jon & I lived there for a year while he was teaching at UBC and Simon Fraser, so we know a lot about the city, but not when it comes to this type of thing. We will be visiting in November to be meeting and visiting locations. I'm open to any thoughts that you have to offer up! Smiley smile

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yay Vancouver! How many people would need to fit in the venue? I have a few ideas kicking around I can share as I live locally! Also does it have to be in Vancouver exactly or would the metro Vancouver area work? Also budget wise where would you like to be?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics