Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kaila
Curious July 2019 Ontario

Outdoor wedding

Kaila, on February 27, 2019 at 15:28 Posted in Wedding reception 0 14

Hi Ladies

I am having my wedding outdoors on our family's property. What did everyone do for glasses? Since the bar will also be outside.. Having fresh glasses isn't really an option. Did you tell your guests to use the same glass? I am having a very formal classy wedding so I would like to phrase it in a way it doesn't seem cheap. Let me know!

Thanks!

14 Comments

Latest activity by Donna, on March 24, 2019 at 20:19
  • Donna
    Devoted July 2019 Ontario
    Donna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have heard in some cases having your names on them, that's maybe a way to go. This way your guests will keep the glasses with them all of the time

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I like the stemless wine glass and if you choose to personalize it with your date, that's a nice wedding favour. I think you need to consider how to make your guests be able to mark it as theirs considering they would be all the same. Also would breakage be a concern?
  • Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've been to a barn wedding where once you got there you were given a glass (this one it was a mason jar with a ribbon) and you got to keep it and it was your glass for the night...

you could also personalize them, you could even set them up at tables with people's names on it and then you have a favour, glass and a seating plan all done at once.

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The wedding favour is a cool idea. You could also pair it with the name card idea as your seat prompt. If you have one of those 'pick your glass' signs and once people see there's no glasses at their spot, they'll get the hint.

• Terri
    Frequent user July 2019 Nova Scotia
    Terri ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love the idea of the signs for the glasses. What a cool idea. What did people do for weddings before Pinterest?

• Kaila
    Kaila ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love the stemless wine glass idea! Using them for a favor is my idea. I don't want to seem cheap..so are those an ok wedding favor? I would have them custom made with something like.. ''Eat, Drink, and be Married" with our last name and wedding date?

Love the sign suggestions too! I will be using one of those

• Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I agree with this. You could even purchase mailing labels and leave them near the glasses with a pen or marker so your guests can write their name on a mailing label and stick it to the glass.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would look into stemless wine glasses for your guests if you are trying to stay away from the rustic vibe.

Outdoor wedding 1

I still like the idea of a sign, but instead of chalkboard/wood, I would have it on a white background or something like sign #2, depending if you have a theme

Sign #1

Outdoor wedding 2Sign #2
    Outdoor wedding 3

• Danielle
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ve seen people doing this with a copper or rose gold mule which might fit your vibe a bit better although also could be a bit more money. Bonus is it could double as a wedding favour
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You could definitely use this same idea with regular glasses. Another option I found searching pinterest is custom plastic cups. I found a link here

• Kaila
    Kaila ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks for the ideas.. however I am trying to stay FAR away from rustic. So the mason jars to me seems too country rustic for my overall feel. Any other ideas?

• Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with Tori as well. This is a great opportunity to use the guest's glass as their wedding favour, and also function as their glass for the evening. I don' think it comes off as cheap. BUT I do think it gives off a more relaxed vibe and maybe not as classy or elegant as you're hoping.

I've seen lots of photos around of these mason jars with the little chalk board area, which definitely is more "rustic" and laid back. But you can get creative and DIY some super cute and elegant tags with the guest's name and table #.

undefined

undefined

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I totally agree with Tori. Having a sign letting them know that it'll be their glass for the night would be the most appropriate.

You could have the glasses filled with a celebratory drink, after the ceremony, which would include their name and table # on a tag or flag, as well as the sign letting them know it's their one and only glass for the evening.

I hope that you share what you've come up with! I'd love to see the end look Smiley smile

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm thinking that the best way to word it will just let people know by putting up one of these signs:

undefined

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics