Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Vanessa
Expert August 2018 Manitoba

Outdoor ceremony seating

Vanessa, on August 21, 2017 at 19:02 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 17

Hello everyone,

We are having an outdoor wedding ceremony in exchanging our vows next August 2018. What have you done or what are you doing for seating? Looking for ideas. I love the idea with hay bales and benches but my dad says if he has to sit on a hay bale he'll scream. Coming from a farmer...... Love the enthusiasm from my dad. We will have a few chairs available for people who need a back rest.

17 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 4, 2018 at 10:34
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had white chairs part of the set up and happyvwith them as guests weren't sitting for long.
  • Sara
    Curious August 2018 Alberta
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Following

• Vanessa
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Didn't think too much on the allergy part but I come from a farm so haling hay bales is a past time for us lol.

• Alexa
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Alexa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Could always do white folded chairs, that way don't have to worry too much of hauling hay bales and abut people with allergies Smiley smile

• Vanessa
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Outdoor ceremony seating 1

Pintrest had this as an idea.

Outdoor ceremony seating 2

• Vanessa
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Outdoor ceremony seating 3

This was one option we were looking at.

• Ashley
    Super June 2018 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    U could do hay bails but lay blankets or cushions on them to make it easier to sit.
  • Tiffany
    Devoted October 2017 Ontario
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I went to a wedding this past weekend - they rented white chairs. I have also been to a wedding that had the tree stumps with boards laid across. I read a post earlier today about the haybales may irritate legs of anyone who wears a short dress. or if people have mobility issues - because the bales are so low to the ground.

backyardbackyard

• Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Happily this is included in our venue.

• Ashleigh
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have to use the indoor chairs and then bring them back inside for the reception. I guess our groomsmen will have to do this. I'm already shuddering imagining it. I wish we had more chairs to have a seamless transition, from outdoors to inside. The venue is too small to store an extra 90 chairs though.
  • Vanessa
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Jen. Our ceremony will be quick too. I am hoping maybe 15 minutes and we are potentially having our ceremony at one place and our reception at another so if we don't want to rent 2 sets of chairs because they cost 3.00 each x by 250 people x 2. way out of budget. Benches seem to be in our budget. At one wedding we attended they had everyone stand minus about 30 chairs for the elders.

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Just make sure there's a seat for every person!! I'd go with simple chairs so that everyone is comfortable and has a backrest.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ours is just going to be a quick ceremony so we have chairs that aren't very fancy at all. We were thinking of renting chiavari chairs for outside but it was much too expensive to do that. Do whatever best suits your style of your ceremony!

• Vanessa
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

20770060_1927201627548604_89661019366407

A friend of mine at work had her son's wedding and they had this last weekend for a set up and I fell in love with this.

• Amanda
    Frequent user September 2017 Quebec
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are having an outside ceremony as well and were thinking of hay bales as we are surrounded by farms lol but think we are going to go with simple folding chairs.
  • Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I really like the idea of having chairs rather than hay bales. It adds a touch of class to your rustic, country wedding.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having our ceremony outside and will be having simple white folding chairs with cushions on them.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics