Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amelia
Curious October 2018 Nova Scotia

Outdoor Ceremony

Amelia, on June 27, 2018 at 10:32 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 16

We're having an outdoor ceremony (hopefully, unless it rains), and I'm worried people wont be able to hear us. There's 95 guests right now, but i'm thinking only 60 will be able to make it. What have you guys used or what will you use to help amplify your voices?

We're also not having a DJ so I can't ask anyone to set up equipment early.

16 Comments

Latest activity by Candace, on June 27, 2018 at 17:29
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah they just turned it on with no CD in it and used the mic! They just had a cheap $100 one nothing fancy and they could plug two mics into it if they wanted
  • Amelia
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I was thinking using a karoke sustem i just wasnt sure if it would work without music. Ive never actually used a karoke system before 🙈
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Honestly my aunt and uncle used a friends karaoke system as their microphone/speaker for their ceremony and it worked well, just be sure to do a sound check before hand!
  • Amelia
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Theres a speaker system inside, but I dont think it can be brought outside to the field
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

With that amount of guests you should be fine as long as it's not too windy where it would muffle out your voices. Of course this is hoping you guys know how to use your outdoor voices Smiley tongue For my wedding our venue supplies the ceremony speakers - is yours just outside at a park or part of a venue that may have something? If they don't have anything than maybe you could DIY a karaoke machine to do the job?

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can rent equipment from long & mcquade (probably won't spelling). they are a music store. get a small speaker and microphone. that's what my friend did for her outdoor wedding last year.

• Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Well my fiance is super loud so we know he won't be the problem, maybe he should just talk for the both of us hahaha
  • Amelia
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Right 😂😂 im down to the small stuff and only have 100 days to go
  • Amelia
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes, its at a local community hall
  • Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh my God I never even thought of this hahaha now i have something else to stress about 😂 definitely following this for answers!
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The most recent outdoor wedding I went to, it was pretty good to hear, but the problem was the bride/groom didn't speak up. Your voices are more than half the battle. If you want to be soft spoken as you deliver your vows, rent a speaker/microphone... otherwise, just project and you should be fine!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had an outdoor wwdding and the venue set up a mic so all could be heard.

In the case of rain, has your venue got an indoor plan for the ceremony? Might want to check that option out.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had an outdoor ceremony and we just pitched our voices a little louder than usual but to be honest your vows are for your partner so if no one else hears them it's not a big deal. I don't think you will have any trouble with people not hearing you.

• Amelia
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am doing the circle seating! Do you think everyone would be able to hear okay? the oldest person there will be like 62, so no ones hard of hearing. There will be quite a few babies and young children. I haven't been to an outdoor wedding since I was 11, so I forget what that was like.

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Check with your venue to see what they have available.

Also maybe check with your DJ, or a local music or sound system vendor who can rent a speaker, mic and amp if you need it.
  • Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are also having an outdoor ceremony (if it doesn’t rain). Our venue provides all the equipment so I’m not sure how it will work out. Fingers crossed they have it covered. Have you thought about renting a portable mic and speaker for your ceremony? Or sitting everyone in a circle ceremony around you.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics