Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Expert December 2018 Ontario

Our wedding was amazing!!

Emma, on December 31, 2018 at 06:17 Posted in Just married 0 9
So it’s done! We got married on Saturday. And we wouldn’t change a thing. Everyone kept telling us how amazing everything was. Thought I’d share a few things our guests loved.

First of a big tip to anyone. Make really good food a priority. Our venue had the most amazing food and everyone kept going on about it. We’ve all been to weddings with the dried out “banquet” chicken and roast beef. People kept saying how they have never had such a good meal at a wedding. And my husband and I loved the meal too. I don’t mean people need to go all fancy. It was just really good tasting food.

another thing we made a priority was the music. We are so glad we paid for a DJ instead of doing our own music like we had originally thought of. He was on top of everything and people danced all night long. He was able to play everything people requested, we weren’t just stuck to whatever was put on playlist. And best thing was nobody had to worry about taking care of the music, and there weren’t any awkward gaps with no music. It made for an amazing party.

I know a lot of people don’t like kids at a wedding. But my youngest son, and my husbands two young nephews stole the show. They were so cute and showed their moves on the dance floor. There is nothing more fun to watch then a couple of 8 year olds have a dance off lol. They just made the day so much better.

We had stemless wine glasses as favours. Now I was against having favours but my husband found them online and designed them with our names and wedding date. To my surprise evertyone loved them. Not a single one was left behind and we had a few people ask us if we had extras so they could get more then one. So I guess it’s not always true that people don’t like favours.

People also loved the candy table. Adults and kids filled their bags. Surprisingly the sour keys were the biggest hit.

I was nervous about the first dance cause I hated the thought of everyone staring at us. But my husband just kept saying “look at me, it’s just us”. We talked quietly to one another and shared a couple private jokes. It’s now one of my favourite parts of the day. It didnt feel like everyone staring at us cause we both just ignored everyone and us and it became a special moment between us.

It was just a great time and we are so happy to be married!

9 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on January 8, 2019 at 05:11
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations! I'm so glad that everything went well and it sounds like it was an amazing time!

• E
    Expert December 2018 Ontario
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks guys. Unfortunately I don’t have any pictures yet. I was really good and barely had my phone me the entire night. The only few photos I took have my kids in them and I won’t post those here to protect their privacy.
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congrats!!! sounds like an amazing day!

our focus is food and music too (and booze). definitely important parts!

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Huzzah! Congratulations!
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congrats!!!

And omg I actually teared up reading about your first dance that is so beautiful~

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congrats! Reading that literally gave me goosebumps!!
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congratulations!
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh my goodness, I got a little tear in my eye with your first dance story. Congratulations on a wonderful day, and your marriage!!! Please share some photos with us if you can!!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations!!!!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics