Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Michelle
Frequent user June 2023 British Columbia

Our original wedding date is almost here. Just need to vent, sorry to bum everyone lol

Michelle, on November 2, 2020 at 09:23 Posted in WeddingWire 0 15

Well....we were supposed to be in Jamaica by now. Wedding would have been November 4th. Just feeling a bit down. Dress has been sitting at bridal shop for the last 10 months. I feel as though no one really cares. I’m doubting continuing with the plans for May 2021. I am worried travel will not be ok. I also don’t want to compromise on my dream of a Caribbean wedding. If we elope instead, then I feel like I spent way to much on my wedding dress and that it is too fancy for an elopement. My Maid of honour hasn’t even reached out to me to see how I’m feeling. If anything we have really grown apart the last few months. Sorry for the downer of a post I just really needed to vent and get it out to people who actually understand how stressful wedding planning is during covid. I really just want to be excited again.

Thanks in advance for reading!

15 Comments

Latest activity by Megan, on November 6, 2020 at 09:49
  • Megan
    Curious April 2022 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I don’t mind the questions! Yes our guests had already booked hotel and flights. We all booked as a group and we had all just finished paying the trip off right when our flights got cancelled. The airline we booked our trip package with gave us all credits to use at any time which was nice but obviously we all rather our money back. I felt guilty for a while but you have to think of it as you’re all in the same boat and your guests will understand! Yes we invited everyone that was already coming as it was only about 30 people and then we added more guests that we had originally invited but they couldn’t come to the destination wedding so now we have about 45 in total and trying to keep it that way unless we have to have less. As for our travel credits, we intend to use them towards a honeymoon to the same destination with all our guests that also have credits so we can still celebrate when we’re able to. I hope you’re able to come to a decision ❤️
  • Michelle
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you Megan. I am so sorry to hear you cancelled the destination wedding, but I’m so happy you have found an alternative place and date. How did you go about cancelling the destination wedding? Had any of your guests already booked hotel and flights? I am seriously considering cancelling it, but I’m not sure how to go about it especially since people have spent some money. I was thinking of offering to cover the cancellation fee from the hotel for anyone that has booked, but it sucks some people have already booked flights. Did you invite everyone that was originally invited? Did you increase the invited guests since it was changed to more local? Sorry I have so many questions lol. Thank you again for your encouraging comments 💕

• Megan
    Curious April 2022 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I know exactly how you feel. We had a destination wedding in Mexico booked for May this year but it got cancelled. We waited for a few months before deciding we didn’t want to go through the hassle of cancelling again so we ended up completely cancelling our destination wedding (we only got travel credits back) and we are now just having a small wedding here in the spring assuming we can. I also had the issue of my bridesmaids not really checking in with me during it all. It was such a bad time I think I cried for 2 weeks straight lol. It’s a very stressful time but you’ll get through it trust me! No matter what you decide to do you’ll still have a beautiful day!
  • Michelle
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Kevin. It is extra tough since my fiancé simply doesn’t want to talk about it. I’m on my own I think today.

Thank you everyone for all the positive comments and encouragement!

• Michelle
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you!

• Kevin
    Curious June 2021 Ontario
    Kevin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We went on a road trip for our original date. We are big Schitts Creek fans so we did tour of the different buildings and landmarks. For dinner we re created our first date with a movie and dinner at Fionn McCools. It was great.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Times are hard to make any plans for the special day and feeling the excitement. Its terrible to not celebrate the day you wanted the way it was intended and getting a cold shoulder from your MOH. Hearing the events take place and not knowing what to expect is harder on us and accepting the fact of being happy in many ways. I do hope there is a light at the end of the tunnel with all this happening and making your day special as you and FH can work something out to make it happen with the bigger celebration pushed back and feel that joy in yourselves.

• Alexandra
    Frequent user February 2022 Quebec
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m so sorry. Can you plan something special with your FH that day? My original date was in September so we did a weekend getaway just the two of us. It really helped. If you can’t get away, maybe you can go to a restaurant/order food depending on restrictions in your area, and celebrate each other.
  • Michelle
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you Laura. I am so happy to have support on here! Everyone truly understands the disappointment. I hope you don't have to postpone! It's a real pain hahahahaha positive thoughts for 2021 weddings! My gut tells me we will need to change our plans again. Eloping is sounding more and more intriguing lol
  • Michelle
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you Christiana! I think its going to be important to make the day special still.
  • Laura
    Devoted June 2022 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I came to this forum today with the same feelings as you. Our wedding is next summer so we haven't had to postpone yet (which I'm really feeling for all of you who have already had to do so once), but our wedding is supposed to be in June and I'm really not feeling good about it at all. I have our save the dates addressed and sealed and I have literally zero motivation to bring them to the post office - what's the point? We'll probably have to postpone anyways.

I'm sorry you aren't feeling more supported, i totally understand your disappointment and I hope for the best for your wedding in the hopefully not to far future. Smiley heart

• Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oops end of my message seems to have cut off!

Anyway try to still do something special on your original date. It’s totally normal to feel the way you feel, but the excitement for your wedding will come back eventually. For me it’s taken basically up until the month before the wedding to be excited for it again rather than just feeling dread and stress lol!
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m so sorry Smiley sad
    Like Patricia said, I don’t think people who aren’t in this position get it. I think particularly with postponing a few months (as opposed to a year or more), people probably think it’s no big deal. They don’t understand how stressful not knowing is and also how sad it is to let go of a day you’ve been planning for months.
  • Michelle
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you Patricia! I really appreciate it. I agree I don’t think people realize how heartbreaking it is for us. 💕

• Patricia
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Patricia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Honestly I felt the same way. Very few people reached out on our original date... it was so hard and I didn’t feel supported. I honestly don’t think it was because people didn’t care- but I think that they didn’t realize how heartbreaking and hard it has been for all us who have had to postpone! I just suggest you and your fiancé find a way to enjoy the day- pop open some wine, get a small cake, etc. But also it is OKAY to feel sad!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics