Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jordan
Beginner August 2018 Ontario

Ottawa brides! reception venue?!

Jordan, on May 30, 2017 at 15:32 Posted in Wedding reception 0 4

Where are all of my Ottawa brides at?! Post your venue (and if you're comfortable, range of price and # of guests)

So far we love Strathmere, Museum of Nature, Horticulture building (I think this requires a ton of extra legwork), and Stonefields (my dream venue but only has ONE Saturday left for 2018!!!)

4 Comments

Latest activity by Zoë, on June 6, 2017 at 10:26
  • Zoë
    Master June 2020 Ontario
    Zoë ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Jordan, so nice to meet you here! How is everything going? Love reading your discussion. I would love you to meet the other girls: Couples getting married on 18/June/2017 in Ontario - Hair say i do's - Couples getting married on 5/August/2017 in Ontario. I also made this little game, to get to know everybody: 5 questions. Hope you like it. xx

• Melinda
    Devoted September 2017 Ontario
    Melinda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're getting married at The Herb Garden in Almonte. We're paying $1500 for the venue on a Sunday for our brunch wedding (includes officiant). I think it is quite a bit more expensive for a Saturday night wedding, maybe around $5000. That is only for the venue, catering is all separate. We love the barn/outdoorsy atmosphere; there are so many great spots for pictures and the overall feel is very laid back and rustic. Some people have written reviews about the owners being slow to respond to emails and I would agree with that, but so far it hasn't been a major problem. A few times they didn't reply to emails so I just called them.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I live in Ottawa though I'm not getting married in town. I've been to a few weddings in the city.Bean town ranch was great from a guest point of view and our friends said they were well-priced and very nice.Museum of nature was also cool for a wedding. Lots of good photo ops there.
  • Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are getting married at the Inn at Strathmere! It's been a pleasure dealing with them thus far, very organized. I believe for 40 people the fee was approximately 7000, maybe less. Sorry I don't remember the exact number as we booked it a while ago and my mother in law paid the fee (bless her!). We paid a lot more than we expected to but considering they do all the catering we felt it was worth it especially since the ceremony and reception is all in one place.
    My friend got married at stonefields and it was beautiful!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics