Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Breanne
Expert August 2018 Ontario

Ottawa Area Brides - Hello!

Breanne, on January 12, 2018 at 15:06 Posted in Ontario 0 32

Hi all!

Just wanted to start a little chat for brides in the Ottawa area as I don't see too many of us in the other chats.

Please feel free to say hi, share your date, your venue and any local questions you may have!

32 Comments

Latest activity by Ana, on April 13, 2021 at 22:24
  • Ana
    Newbie September 2021 Ontario
    Ana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Veronique,

I recommend Laviolette Flowers, located in Rockland. Lynn is wonderful to work with! She will be providing the flowers for my wedding. You can reach out to her at 613-859-1964. You can choose to have the flowers delivered and set up. She will be able to answer all of your questions.

Good luck!

• Eugenie
    Beginner October 2021 Ontario
    Eugenie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Emily, i rented a marquee sign from you and I’ve been trying to get in touch with you because I have to postpone my wedding due to the COVID situation and I haven’t heard back.
  • Veronique
    Newbie May 2021 Ontario
    Veronique ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi! I am getting married on Sat May 29th 2021 at Bean Town Ranch. My first question is about flowers. I am only going with babies breath for bridal party (men and women) and mine will have extra white flowers. I may have some in vases here and there as well. Where have you herd is the best place to order flowers and how does it usually work to get them? do companies deliver them to you the day of? you have to pick them up the day of? Thanks ladies! Je parle français et je m'appelle Veronique Smiley smile
  • G
    Newbie July 2020 Ontario
    Genevieve ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello. I am a July 2020 bride to be. Still looking for venues... any suggestion? Smiley smile
  • Breanne
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Kila!

How exciting, congratulations! I was at a wedding a couple years ago at Beantown and it was beautiful and so well organized Smiley love

It's definitely getting more "real" that's for sure! We are getting married a few weeks before you (August 18th) and I'm finding the little details are starting to creep up. Like Beantown, our venue has a coordinator, thank geezus, so luckily a lot of things are taken care of.

Happy Planning!

• Kila
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Kila ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey everyone !!! Ottawa bride here Smiley smile September 7 2018 is the day !!! Beantown ranch is our venue !! Wedding season is starting like this month is everyone freaking out because I am lol 😂
  • Breanne
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Emily,

I've actually seen your posts in the Ottawa facebook group. I swear one of these days I will go through all of the photos Smiley smile I think I have it all together but you never know if I see something that might cause an AhHa and I have to rent it! lol.

LOVE the Mill Street! We actually looked there as well. Hope the RSVPs are starting to come back in - how exciting!

• Emily
    Beginner May 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

PS For anyone on here who is local to the Ottawa area, I started a small rental decor business on the side and have tons of great decor at affordable pricing - Just Love 'Em Decor Rentals on Facebook and Instagram! Smiley smile

• Emily
    Beginner May 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey ladies!

My wedding is May 26, 2018 and we are getting married at Mill St Brew Pub in Ottawa Smiley smile Super exciting times - invites are being sent out on Monday, everything is booked with deposits paid....now to breathe a bit until RSVPs come in and final deposits are due!!

Any other Mill St brides???

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aquatopia is a great backup option! You can at times feel like you are nature all the while still being protected from the elements.
    The weather was great for our wedding! September 30th and 16-18 degrees! It was sunny and beautiful during the day but a bit chilly at night.

• Julie-Ann
    Curious February 2018 Ontario
    Julie-Ann ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Pretty much just stressing about everything. I’m actually basically done everything. Just waiting on the last RSVPs to come in so I can complete the seating chart and place cards.
    We are staying at the Brookstreet the night in the wedding and some Out of town guests will be staying as well. It most of our guests are from here.
  • Breanne
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Welcome Julie-Ann!

Wow, how exciting - you're officially our next Ottawa wedding on here Smiley love

Is there anything specific you are stressing about/need help with or just the overall anticipation of the day?

The Marshes is beautiful! Are you or guests staying at the Brookstreet as well?

• Julie-Ann
    Curious February 2018 Ontario
    Julie-Ann ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Ladies!!

I'm on here all multiple times a day and just saw this post!

I'm getting married at the Marshes Golf Course on Feb. 24th. 31 days and I can't wait for the 25th! lol Down to crunch time and it's stressing me out!

• Breanne
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I actually know where that is! lol.

I'm originally from Smiths Falls and have family in Perth and Lanark.

Are you from there?

• Breanne
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Aww that's really nice! Originally I kind of wanted to get married in an outdoor ceremony but neither of us have family that has a big enough property (or at least wedding worthy lol). How was the weather on your big day?

• Lor
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    Lor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We did but it was still over budget and definitely too far out for our guests. We couldn't afford the additional transportation on top of it all.

• Erin
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Cool! What's your venue?

• Taylor
    Frequent user June 2018 Ontario
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    In McDonalds Corners
  • Erin
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Where exactly are you getting married?

• Erin
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'm glad you found what you wanted! Did you look into Bean Town Ranch at all?

• Taylor
    Frequent user June 2018 Ontario
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are getting married an hour west of Ottawa June 2, 2018!

• Lor
    Lor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks!!! We're really looking forward to it. I was scared at first i wasn't going to get the Barn vibe i desperately wanted. but we're so glad we found Lone Star Ranch at an affordable price. It will be so gorgeous

• Erin
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I actually had to look this up as I had never heard of it. This looks awesome! You will have a beautiful setting for your special day!
  • Erin
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes we got married in Cobourg at some family property.
    I love that you are getting married at Aquatopia! It's beautiful!

• Breanne
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Lor,

That's great! We're just before you on the 18th. I've actually never been to the ranch but my FH and I both work part time at another Lonestar location.

Fajitas for the win!

• Lor
    Lor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi!

We're getting married August 31st, 2018 at Lone Star Ranch!

Nice to meet other Ottawa Brides!!

• Breanne
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Erin,

Welcome and Congratulations!

Did you get married in the Ottawa area or out of town completely? I see your profile says Coburg - is this where the wedding took place?

• Erin
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm also an Ottawa area bride! I got married in September 2017 out of town though.

• Breanne
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Joey,

Here are some pictures from Aquatopia Smiley love

ExteriorOttawa Area Brides - Hello! 1

Bar Area

Ottawa Area Brides - Hello! 2

Ceremony AreaOttawa Area Brides - Hello! 3

Honestly, I've been in so many weddings I'm fairly familiar with the processes of everything. Luckily the venue takes care of quite a bit of things (catering, bar, flowers etc) and I have a co-ordinator so that helps a lot.

Our photos were great thanks! I can't wait to see them (especially because that means we can get and send out the save the dates). We had them taken at a museum here.

Oooooh so lucky! I am totally in love with the thought of Portugal. How long did you go for and would you recommend it? We haven't booked ours yet and will likely follow in your footsteps and go next year. We are planning a mini-moon right after the wedding but want to save going on the big honeymoon until the winter/spring. Right now I have my eye on Greece but am also interested in Spain & Portugal - potentially a little bit of travelling between them.

I love that you went for your anniversary. A wedding is a big enough production and then settling into real life together, it's nice to take a bit of time to adjust and then celebrate your first milestone

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh wow! I want to see pictures of that venue, it sounds aaaaaaamazing! I think I would fall in love too.

It sounds like you have a great handle on things. How are you able to keep it all so organized? How were your engagement photos? Where did you take them?

Married life is awesome, thank you so much for asking Smiley heart We did take a honeymoon, we went to Portugal. We delayed it though, and went for our 1st anniversary. It was wonderful and I hope we can go back some day and explore more parts of the country. Are you taking a honeymoon?

• Breanne
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Joey!

We are getting married August 18th at Aquatopia just outside of Ottawa in Carp, it is a tropical greenhouse-like all glass venue with indoor ponds and lots of greenery! I fell in love the first time we walked in and didn't look anywhere else. I am originally from a small town about an hour away but have lived here for 10 years, FH is from Toronto originally but has been in Ottawa for 20+ years.

I think planning is going well? Lol. Everyone including our coordinator is telling me that I'm well organized so I think that's a good thing! Yes, with our venue we get a wedding coordinator she is wonderful and I am very thankful.

Our next step is we have engagement photos on Tuesday and from there save-the-dates. So this next week is all about tracking down addresses for our guest list!

How is married life treating you? Did you go on a honeymoon and if so where? Any big plans/vacations coming up?

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's so sweet, Breanne! Way to get the conversation going! Where in Ottawa are you getting married? Are you from that area originally? How is your planning going?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics