Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kelsey
Beginner January 2022 Saskatchewan

Other Entertainment Options/no Dance

Kelsey, on December 23, 2021 at 12:04 Posted in Wedding reception 3 6

Hi everyone- with my wedding a month away we just learnt of new restrictions again saying no dancing as of now, (plans could possibly change again) and are seeking other entertainment ideas we can do on such a short notice!

We have a band and we definitely don't want to cut this as I feel it will be a good source of entertainment but what are some other ideas we can possibly look into that isn't necessarily hiring another entertainer of some sort?

I am thinking like board games on tables, an outdoor fire (it is winter and will possibly be like -20C), anything else you guys have done or think would be fun for a winter wedding!?

6 Comments

Latest activity by Jane, on December 29, 2021 at 16:33
  • Jane
    Beginner July 2023 Ontario
    Jane ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Another vote for board games! These are pretty interesting and can involve many people.

• Laura
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think board games sound great! Maybe have different tables set up with different games, and have cleaning wipes so people can wipe down the pieces/equipment afterwards. If you can do more than one outdoor fire pit so there are more warming stations, maybe have things like DIY s'mores or marshmallows too.

Another wedding I heard of set up each table with a disposable camera, and each table had a "photo scavenger hunt" they had to do during the wedding. At the end, they put their cameras in a bin before leaving or left it on the table and the bride and groom got all the photos developed.

I don't know much about what your venue is like, but I have a friend who's going ahead with their February 2022 wedding in Alberta where it will also be very cold and they are doing skating, snowshoeing, and cross country skiing. People have to rent or bring their own, but you could always supply some if you or any friends have any.

• Jennifer
    Curious December 2021 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are getting married on New Years and our DJ offers trivia so we will be doing that. We also have a photo booth which should be fun. I figure we still have the DJ so we can still have good tunes playing. Trying to make the best of it
  • Alexandra
    Frequent user February 2022 Quebec
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Maybe some comedy? Depending where you are you might be able to get someone to come and do comedy.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Does the venue have a projector and screen? If so, that can be used for quite a number of entertaining segments. A slideshow, funny video, more audience oriented games like Family Feud or online Pictionary (the words can be related to you).

Do you have a photo booth?

• S
    Frequent user October 2024 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Kelsey. I think the idea of board games would be good. Another idea could be corn hole and ladder golf, these could be set up outside by the fire! You could even do the Bride and Groom shoe game! I hope these suggestions help Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics