Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emilie
Featured Quebec

Open bar. Yay or Nay?

Emilie, on January 25, 2017 at 12:05 Posted in Wedding reception 0 14

Alright ladies and gents... Smiley heart Open bars can be a lot of fun and seem like a must for weddings, but they are definitely up for discussion. Smiley winking

What do you think? Yay or Nay for the open bar at your wedding?

Giphy.com

14 Comments

Latest activity by Maegan, on February 2, 2017 at 18:01
  • Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We will be doing an open bar at our backyard wedding. We are planning on ordering 3 kegs of beer; 2 craft beers and one domestic.

We have also bottled our own wine (one batch of red, one batch of white) about 50 bottles. Our wine is bottled already so has a good year and a half to age before the wedding!

No bartender- Itll just be a help yourself kind of deal.

• Vanessa
    Frequent user June 2018 Ontario
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our whole wedding is around the open bar. It's a must which is why we've opted for a post-dinner ceremony + reception - cocktail style.

We have done away with a catered dinner in order to keep costs down and we're doing a huge antipasto/charcutrie spread, along with cupcakes, candy bar and late night nacho bar. All of that costs LESS than a nice catered sit-down meal. Open bar > catered sit down any day in my books.

• Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

no wine is included with dinner each table gets 4 bottles 2 red and 2white on each table for the quests to enjoy during dinner so they do not have to pay for wine... their two drink tickets each guest recieve are for a drink of their choice at the bar ... on us ( which is an added expense my fh and i have taken on as well)

• Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think open bar is great, but it's the cost is the issue I have.
  • L
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Just my opinion, I'm just not a huge fan of having different classes / types of guests! I don't even drink.
    Does the two tickets include wine for toasting/ dinner?
  • Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My FH and I are paying for our wedding ourseleves and an open bar is just not in the budget .. so we had to draw the line , our bridal party is doing alot for us that day and all the days leading up ... it is the least we could do ..... if my other guest have an issue with it they can simply not come ... i am sorry if that sounds rude or harsh but when footing the entire bill for your wedding its not easy, and we simply cut where we needed to and an open bar was it, my fh and I paid into the bar so that drinks are all a dollar cheaper for everyone but that is all we could manage ...... I am sorry but i have been to many weddings where it wasnt open bar and i was fine with it ... i guess they arent my true friends if all they are expecting from my wedding day is to get wasted

• L
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would feel so sad if I was a friend who didn't make "bridal party " status but doesn't get free booze Smiley sad
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Open bar!!! We cut back the length of our reception, and plated meal in favour of a boozy dance party (with food, just not a full meal)!

• Robyn
    Frequent user June 2017 Quebec
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having an open bar until 9pm and then a toonie bar after that.

• Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have a cash bar, and every quest is getting 2 drink tickets on us as part of their wedding favour ... with that said our bridal party will have an open bar to them

• Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Nay! We didn't have it in our budget so we went with drink tickets for our guests and then open bar for our wedding party. As far as we heard, no one was wanting for a drink!

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

OPEN BAR ALL THE WAY!!!

• L
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yay to open bar. Will be a lot of fun and my guests expect it.
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Who doesn't love an open bar! The only issue is the cost of it! We went with a cash bar because open bar doubles the cost!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics