Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

julia.wyattsutherland
Newbie June 2025 Alberta

Open bar vs Toonie bar?

julia.wyattsutherland, on October 2, 2024 at 14:31 Posted in Wedding reception 0 2

Hey!

What are everyones thoughts on open bar vs toonie bars? Any advice?

2 Comments

Latest activity by Kate, on October 10, 2024 at 09:03
  • Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Julia,

I can appreciate and understand the advantages of having a cash bar (may limit people's drinking to a degree) however I have to say, I much prefer an open bar, and I am not even much of a drinker. I just think it's nice to treat your guests to that, if I go to get a drink, I'd rather not have to be pulling out change from my purse and then tipping, etc. When hosting, I think it's best to always limit any work/effort for your guests as much as possible so that all they have to do is show up and enjoy!

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would be causes about an open bar only because most of the time people get carried away with their drinking and also guests will leave their drink on a table forget about it and then go and get another one and the bride and groom are paying for it.

I've been to a few toonie bars and I think that's a great idea and it keeps the cost down but just remember you and your future spouse will be paying for the remainder of the drink.

My husband and I did a cash bar but that was our decision since we didn't want to be paying for everyone's 11-15 dollar drinks. Our guests were actually very positive about it because it made them think twice about getting completely drunk.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics