Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tanya
Newbie August 2022 Ontario

Open bar, help, how much alcohol

Tanya, on June 6, 2022 at 12:09 Posted in Wedding reception 0 3
So me and my fiancé are supplying the alcohol for our wedding. We definitely should of just had the caterer take care of it, but what’s done is done. We are having so much trouble figuring out how much we need to buy. We are thinking there will be 110 guest. We don’t want to run out of alcohol lol is anyone else supplying the alcohol and if so how did you factor in supply ugh most stressful thing

3 Comments

Latest activity by Mark, on August 4, 2022 at 05:08
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

In Ontario, anything you purchase under a Special Event Permit (you'll need one if you're serving your own booze, especially at an unlicensed venue) can be returned as long as it's not open. Just make sure your bartender knows not to open anything unless something is out. So you can go nuts on buying without the burden of having things go to waste.

• Rebecca
    Expert October 2023 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

!!!!!!

ok so the liquor depot has a calculator, we have used this in the past for work events and it worked pretty well just always rounded up to the next 0 or 5 where ever we could to play it safe.

https://www.liquordepot.ca/Party-Planner/Drink-Calculator#results

based off what you said above 110 people for 5 hours with less people drinking wine & more drinking beer and spirits it recommended 14 bottles of wine, 317 cans of beer & 19 bottles of spirits.

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Welcome to Wedding Wire Tanya.

I wouldn't beat yourself up, guest tend to enjoy when the wedding is an open bar.

Here's a link that might help you decide how much you need for your wedding.

Liquor Depot | Drink Calculator

If you have Pinterest they also have a lot of examples to help you figure cost. Sometimes buying your own comes out cheap in the than to hire someone to do it all.

Hope this helped.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics