Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Curious September 2020 Ontario

Ontario Wedding

Lindsey, on September 19, 2020 at 14:34 Posted in Ontario 1 5
Anyone else in Ontario having a super difficult time today after hearing the news?
We are 1 week out and we were following all the rules and had cut our numbers from 260 to 100, and now with 1 weeks notice we are told 25 maximum?
I just need some help mentally getting through this! What is everyone doing do nonrefundable deposits and everything?

5 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on September 21, 2020 at 18:24
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I can imagine how panicked you must be for cutting down the list or making alternative arrangements for guests to come to the wedding. Time slots of half hour of keeping the 10/25 limits safer and to have time to celebrate with all your family and friends.

I would be in a panic mode or just let guests know arrangements have been made according to the covid times. The hopeful times are decreasing once again with cautions to avoid any risks.

• Ange
    Newbie October 2020 Ontario
    Ange ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are going to try to organize time blocks for our guests to come. Family will be invited to the ceremony and our parents and siblings will be invited to stay for all of it but probably won’t. We are going to ask people to decide which time block they’d prefer and once it’s full they choose a different time. We are having people come to our backyard for the reception and for those that aren’t able to join we are broadcasting the ceremony and some of the reception on zoom so everyone can watch and not miss out if they want to watch us get married.
  • K
    Newbie October 2020 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh wow I'm totally with you. I'm definitely struggling with what to do. We had originally cancelled our wedding earlier this year (and lost a lot of deposits as a result). We decided to swallow those costs and just have a small backyard wedding on October 17th. We have a tent rented and it will be heated, I also rented enough tables to space everyone out by 6ft. However, even with our small guestlist of 27 people, we are still struggling with what to do. We could cut that number down a bit and un-invite one group of people (I hope people would understand), but I still have this nagging feeling that it isn't the right thing to do. I would hate for someone to get sick as a result of the wedding. It's so hard to predict what the future will bring. On the other hand, even if we reschedule, we may be back in the same situation. This will potentially be the third time I reschedule and I honestly don't think I have it in me to plan another wedding. I feel like my partner and I may end up just moving forward with it, even if it means our parents and maid of honour/best man are the only ones in attendance...

• L
    Curious September 2020 Ontario
    Lindsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We rented a tent at a private residence so unfortunately ours would have to change!
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Is your wedding at a staffed facility? The 10/25 limit only applies to private property and recreational areas, but not restaurants or staffed event spaces (I know ours is a week away too and I panicked hardcore for a few minutes)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics