Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Cassie
Frequent user September 2020 Ontario

Ontario Staged Opening

Cassie, on April 27, 2020 at 15:15 Posted in Ontario 1 15
Hello! I’m getting married in Ontario on September 6. They didn’t give a day on when the 3 stage opening will start but my assumption is end of May if cases decline. How do other Ontario brides feel about it? I hate how they don’t mention weddings but I’m assuming stage 3 for sure will allow them but to what limit?! Gave me some hope!

15 Comments

Latest activity by Cassandra, on May 2, 2020 at 12:00
  • Cassandra
    Curious August 2021 Ontario
    Cassandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! Best wishes for your big day and your friend’s tooSmiley smile
  • V
    Frequent user September 2021 Ontario
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for the reply Smiley smile yes I’m just wondering because I have a friend who has a wedding in July, but her wedding is only 75 people so she’s holding out hope still. I was originally June 27 but moved it to next year because we had a 200 person guest list so we knew that wouldn’t be happening. We didn’t want to cut the list down to 50 people. Crossing my fingers for you! I hope you get to keep your original date Smiley smile
  • Cassandra
    Cassandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Sorry- meant to reply to you, Veronica... still need to the community chat: Hi there! I have been told that two TO venues have shared no more than 50 guests.. again, not sure where that info is coming from as we are all in the same boat relying on the same media outlets. Just gives some context and possibly hope to those who are still on the fence (like me) about keeping the original date. In the end, however, we don’t want anyone to have to choose between personal safety and being part of a wedding celebration. I think it will take only one wedding where if any of the guests get diagnosed with covid after attending, that the wedding season will be severely set back...

• Cassandra
    Cassandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi there! I have been told that two TO venues have shared no more than 50 guests.. again, not sure where that info is coming from as we are all in the same boat relying on the same media outlets. Just gives some context and possibly hope to those who are still on the fence (like me) about keeping the original date. In the end, however, we don’t want anyone to have to choose between personal safety and being part of a wedding celebration. I think it will take only one wedding where if any of the guests get diagnosed with covid after attending, that the wedding season will be severely set back...
  • V
    Frequent user September 2021 Ontario
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Does the 50 person gathering include venue staff and vendors as well? Because that’s also something to consider. Or is it 50 guest count + vendors/venue staff?
  • Cassie
    Cassie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    If it’s 50 people in June, I’d hope it would be to 250 people by September 🤞🏻🤞🏻
  • Cassandra
    Cassandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello everyone!
    So... like you all we are speculating, hoping and -in some cases praying- that the safety precautions won’t be as strict in the coming weeks... I’m a July 3 bride and waiting until May 12 to share our backup plans B-F (depending on the update in Ontario) with our guests. We were ‘super organized’ and sent invites out early 🙈🙈🙈. I’m hearing that safe gatherings of 50 are likely by mid to end of June with some venues contacting couples and saying no more than 50 guest count... where am I hearing this info?!?! From other couples/ brides who have the same info we are all hearing. So, we all have to wait two more weeks at most and hope for the best. We are all in this together!!! #LoveAlwaysWins
  • Cassie
    Cassie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes!!! I’m super confident we will have clarity in the next 2 weeks Smiley smile
  • Savannah
    Frequent user April 2020 Ontario
    Savannah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I feel like May 12th or around then they will give some more clarity on their plans. Like Kelsie said they mentioned allowing more people for funerals in phase 1. Not sure if that would entail weddings and funerals (given they were absorbed together in the gatherings exempt that were allowed 50 people and they were one of the last things to be changed I could perhaps foresee them allowing that for that limit again). With the positive news we've been hearing lately and the downwards trend they are saying is happening I'm really hoping we have more clarity sooner rather than later!

• Cassie
    Cassie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My mom thinks the same! We need those numbers!! Lol
  • Cassie
    Cassie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes he has been doing a great job! And I do believe weddings is part of phase 2 but to what amount I’m not sure as of yet. Like you said I think may 12 is going to have answers because if the cases keep declining, that’s two weeks which is what the health officials want!
  • Sasha
    Frequent user June 2020 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think we will have more clarity by May 12th. This is the day I expect more answers.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It is a mess but the one thing I've always said and still maintain is Doug Ford is a conservative and he cares about the economy. Keep in mind, he has done a really good job I think handling COVID - I never expected him to step up as much as he has.

That said, weddings are probably super low on their totem pole - even though I agree with you they are a HUGE industry. They are allowing larger gatherings for funerals in Phase 1, however, so perhaps weddings are somewhere between 2 and 3? But again.. a bunch of guessing.

I hope we will get more clarity in the coming weeks as the State of Emergency ends May 12.

• Cassie
    Cassie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You are so right. I understand they have no way of knowing and can’t be certain on anything right now but to not address weddings at all?! Like, there’s us anxious brides but then there’s this billion dollar wedding industry that are ‘larger gatherings allowed’ and wonder what that even means. Even a ballpark number would help! I just hate how broad it is. I do hope we both get our days!! It’s the unknown of if each phase will last 2 weeks or 4 weeks or go backwards...such a mess.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was underwhelmed to say the least but to be fair - they don’t know what’s going to happen. Right now we’ve seen a 3 day decline in Ontario and if that keeps up I see Phase 1 starting May 12.

The problem I see, at least for me, is if these phases last 4 weeks or more - my wedding just wont happen.
    And they are willing to back in phases as well, so let’s say they see good reductions in phase 1 and move to phase 2 for two weeks and it’s terrible, they'll go back to phase 1 again.
    His phases also are not very clear - and I think he did that for a reason.
    For example, he says businesses will be able to open if they can get in line with the public health measure in phase 1. Ok - so If wedding venues can put in hand sanitizing stations, do social distancing in so far as 4 people per table or whatever it is - can they open?
    It’s very confusing and not very helpful but I do understand why they’ve done it that way.
    I honestly can’t say one way or the other whether my July 18 wedding is happening and I am 99% sure my bridal shower won’t be happening in mid June. But if they surprise me then I’ll be so happy!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics