Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner July 2021 Ontario

Ontario reopening plan 2021

Krystie, on May 21, 2021 at 16:27 Posted in Ontario 2 19
Https://www.ontario.ca/laws/regulation/200263

Anyone know under phase 2 what the outdoor restrictions are? For phase 3 it says 50 indoor 100 outside. Phase 2 just references physical distancing. Also, what about vendors? Any help is much appreciated.!!

19 Comments

Latest activity by Krystie, on May 29, 2021 at 06:57
  • K
    Krystie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Https://www.ontario.ca/laws/regulation/200364

This should be the version updated May 20 when they announced the reopening plan. I am no legal expert but it looks to me like if the wedding is at a venue it’s 50 inside 100 outside and at a personal residence 25 outside 10 inside.
  • S
    Newbie August 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Do you have this link to the laws for Stage 3?

• T
    Beginner June 2021 Ontario
    Teresa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My intimate ceremony is on June 26 outdoor and I have 15 ppl that I wanted to be apart of the day but I guess right now I will only be able to have 10 ppl which includes the vendors.. sigh...
  • Kim
    Curious July 2021 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This was posted in a Niagara wedding fb group I’m in. Ontario reopening plan 2021 1

• K
    Krystie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ugh I’m so sorry 😔there’s talks of them moving up the reopening fingers crossed tomorrow they say that 😏
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    So frustrating! My wedding is June 4 so I’m out of luck.. but I hope you and all the other brides will get clarity for rest of June / July!

At this point have to make the best out of it
  • K
    Krystie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Soo brutal!! I keep thinking there’s just gotta be clarity coming at some point ...
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m confused with outdoor religious services .. is the government that ignorant? For Catholic weddings priests can’t hold ceremonies or mass outside of the church. This whole reopening plan is a mess. What is so bad of 50-100 ppl in a large church where capacity is over 500
  • K
    Krystie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much!! CTV says there’s an announcement from public health at 330 let’s see if they give more clarity eith weddings.
  • Laura
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    They updated their website with industry specific info: https://www.ontario.ca/page/reopening-ontario

There was no big media release so I thought I’d just put the website up. Not a lot of detail for step 3 unfortunately ☹️
    Before Step 1

Maximum 10 people indoors

Maximum 10 people permitted outdoors

Step 1

10 indoors

Outdoor permitted with capacity limited to permit physical distancing of 2 metres

Step 2

Indoor permitted at 15% capacity

Outdoor permitted with capacity limited to permit physical distancing of 2 metres

Step 3

Larger indoor services, rites, and ceremonies

• K
    Krystie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This makes sense ! When I looked up even the most recent version of the law before May 20 they all had specific numbers for weddings and this one doesn’t.
  • Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s what the Insta post for a wedding vendor said, and there are a couple other people in the wedding industry I follow who said the same thing. I don’t know where they heard it from though because I haven’t seen it anywhere else!

I guess we’ll just have to wait and see...
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This coming Thursday they are announcing ?
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I hope that is true and I hope the government takes into account all the various factors and controls that established venues have. I understand that weddings can be super spreaders but I think they are safe ways to do them and I hope that the government has someone on their team fighting for us too!!
  • Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sorry to post again - A wedding business I follow on Instagram has said that Ontario Public Health is planning to release wedding specific guidance on Thursday. Not sure why it wasn’t included yesterday, but if that’s true then it would be super helpful! I wish I knew their source!

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think you're reading an outdated law. The one you have looks like it was for last summer when we opened for the first time.

Here's what the government has on this reopening: https://news.ontario.ca/en/backgrounder/1000159/roadmap-to-reopen
    Stage 2 inches 15% indoor ceremony, capacity based on 2 meters apart for outdoor ceremony, and 25 people reception. Assuming venue staff don't count but not sure about external vendors. No clue on dancing and masks but you might be able to get that info from the local public health unit.
  • Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

There are more details for the new reopening plan here: https://www.ontario.ca/page/reopening-ontario#section-5. I took a few screenshots, which give a tiny bit more guidance...

I don't know if receptions would fit under "Gatherings" or "Meetings & Event Spaces."

I think the "physical distancing of 2 m" is to account for different venue sizes. The venue will have to know how many people can fit while following those rules.

Ontario reopening plan 2021 2

Ontario reopening plan 2021 3

Ontario reopening plan 2021 4

• K
    Krystie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah right ? It’s so vague. Hoping more information comes out soon. Like one of those lovely charts that make it so clear lol.
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have the same question. We are getting married July 10, 2021 at an outdoor vineyard in St. Catharines and I would love to know if they are making any accommodations for staffed venues where all guests have received their first vaccine.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics