Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Suzanne
Ontario

Ontario phase 3, confusing

Suzanne, on July 17, 2020 at 18:20 Posted in Ontario 0 8
Hi all I am kind of confused about this phase 3 it says your allowed gatherings on 50 pp inside but further down is says 30%, my daughter is supposed to be getting married in October she has scaled her guest list to 50 guests for inside ceremony and dinner, no dancing etc. But the 30% is throwing us off because her venue holds 130 people for sit down dinner. Can anyone shed some light on that. Thanks Sue
Ontario phase 3, confusing 1

8 Comments

Latest activity by WesleyAnne, on August 4, 2020 at 00:54
  • WesleyAnne
    Newbie October 2020 Ontario
    WesleyAnne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah see this is what I don't get - aren't receptions an "indoor gathering"? So shouldn't it be a 50 person limit? So confusing....

• M
    Newbie November 2020 Ontario
    Miranda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Receptions are limited to 10 people.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

As long as everyone is having a good time in a safe manner, it will be a positive memory. Good luck to your daughter!

• Suzanne
    Ontario
    Suzanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Hank, you have been really helpful, I never thought of the fire code only the 130 seated, you have gave us hope lol, so stressful not even knowing if she can go forward with her wedding until now.
    And with the masks and social distancing makes it challenging, it will be definitely be a wedding to remember 😊
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If she's already scaled the guest list down to 50 and the room in her venue can fit at least 150 people by fire code, I would keep it inside. Even if she wanted to do the ceremony outside, the gathering limit of 50 would apply because any event that uses mix space of both inside and outside (in this case, her wedding) must adhere to the inside gathering limit.

And even if you did 100 outside and forego the reception, physical distancing still applies and once everyone is spread out, it would be really hard for guests to hear the couple say their vows and whatnot in an outdoor setting. At least inside, you can either use natural acoustics or have a sound system.

• Suzanne
    Ontario
    Suzanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Funny she was going to do the wedding outside, then decide to do it inside with everyone sitting at their tables to watch the ceremony figuring it would be less moving around
  • Suzanne
    Ontario
    Suzanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Hank
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

30% of the room is for ceremonies and religious services. It's not for dinner.

For a reception, you can have up to 50 people max but physical distance rules in the space still apply. You cannot host a 50 person dinner in a room meant for 50 because it won't allow for physical distancing.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics