Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Newbie September 2020 Ontario

Ontario couples getting married in Sept 2020 : Keeping or Postpone?

Rosy, on June 2, 2020 at 19:38 Posted in Ontario 1 12

My wedding is set for Sept 5, 2020 and we still haven't decided what to do, whether to postpone it or pray that we might be able to have something intimate with close family and friends. With the lockdown being extended, we're getting worried - venues are also going on a month-to-month / day-to-day basis for updates. Just wanted to come on here and get other brides' thoughts as well! Have you guys already postponed or still waiting it out a bit?

12 Comments

Latest activity by Kelly, on June 13, 2020 at 11:31
  • K
    Newbie September 2021 Ontario
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thought I’d share some positive news!!

https://news.ontario.ca/mohltc/en/2020/06/ontario-eases-restrictions-on-wedding-and-funeral-ceremonies.html

Hopefully as we move forward the reception number will increase as well 🤞🏼
  • Lena
    Newbie October 2020 Ontario
    Lena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our wedding is also currently planned for Sept. 5, 2020 in Ontario and I came here looking for answers/advice. We have a guest list of about 100. At the moment we are leaning toward postponing and downsizing, but I keep hesitating to contact guests because it still feels a little far away... We have family coming from NYC, Yellowknife & Scotland and I think it's a bad idea to have an international group especially with some guests over 65 years old. Will very likely postpone.

• Dolores
    Newbie October 2020 Ontario
    Dolores ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My wedding was scheduled for July 19th we had to cancel and are hoping to have a much smaller wedding Sept 4th however that is only if we can get a marriage license. The service Ontario office was not issuing any unless they were urgent however checked today and it looks like they will issue them but it is a much slower process. I would advise everyone to register as soon as you can. You can apply 90 days before your wedding date. Good luck everyone xo

• Hannah
    Hannah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You are not alone! Wow, reading all of these responses has been so helpful. Ours is set for September 26th. One day I want to postpone and then the next day I'm committed to making this date work (even if it is smaller than expected). We are decided what to do by the end of June and then sticking with it. Sending all the best vibes out to all my fellow 2020 brides!! Good luck!!

• Lindsay
    Lindsay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our wedding is Sept 26, some days I am ready to postpone and other day’s I am more optimistic. I just heard that Alberta is allowing indoor groups up to 50 people.
    I’m from Ontario, we still have 400+ cases a day, but that made me feel hopeful this morning
  • K
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    During Doug Ford’s conference today someone posed a question about the restrictions on weddings and he said he’s hoping that over the next few weeks things will be able to get back to normal so I’m feeling a little more confident now than I was. Fingers crossed we’ll get to have our day!!
  • Stephanie
    Beginner June 2021 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ours is September 12 and still not sure what to do. Our original guest list is 150 people, and we really want to celebrate with all of our family and friends so we are torn. We have a backup date for next year confirmed with our venue and vendors if we decide to postpone. We are going to enter phase 2 soon in Ontario so hope is there but who knows what the future holds! We will make a decision in the next few weeks
  • Michelle
    Beginner August 2021 Ontario
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ours is mid August and we've postponed until next year
  • N
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi there! I totally understand what you're going through. It's tough planning a wedding with so much uncertainty. My wedding date is also Sept. 5, 2020. Our venue has been nice enough to hold a back up date for us next year just in case we need to postpone. We haven't decided yet what we're going to do. We'll see how everything pans out for the month of June and make a decision early in July sometime. IF we postpone, and it's a big 'if', then we'll get married anyway at city hall with our witnesses on our original date, and have a 'symbolic' ceremony and reception at our venue with friends and family on our postponed date next year. I hope it works out for you whatever you decide to do. Good luck, girl!
  • K
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ours is Sept 12th. We're also trying to hold on at the moment, but we do have a date on hold for next year with all our vendors, and have also come up with a back-up plan should we need to significantly reduce our guest list. We'll probably make a decision early next month. Pre COVID I was planning on sending my invites out next week but I'm going to hold off as long as possible. We're lucky in that all of our guests are pretty much local except 2. I understand it's nearly impossible at the moment, but I wish the government could provide a clearer picture of when weddings will be possible once again. There are so many larger issues going on at the moment, but it's difficult being stuck in limbo and I feel for all the other couples in the same situation as we are. Wishing everyone luck and hoping we can proceed in some way!

• Jen
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello,
    My wedding is scheduled for September 19th 2020. I just finished calling almost 100 guests to inform them that our plans have changed and we have decided on a small intimate ceremony. My guest list is currently sitting at 40 people (originally 135), I will leave it at this until we have more information on what group gatherings will look like in September. If small groups are not allowed, I am still planning on saying my "I do's" with my fiance and witnesses.
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ours is the 27th. We’re waiting it out until closer to. We’re also having a meeting with our vendor next week to discuss plans/covid contingencies. We’re fortunate that really, we are the only ones who have to travel for the wedding so we can wait as long as we need to for firm answers.
    It’s going to be up to your individual needs and requirements, but perhaps your vendor will be able to alleviate some of your concerns with their plans. Good luck!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics