Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Charlotte
Frequent user July 2021 Ontario

Ontario 2021 Brides!

Charlotte, on October 15, 2020 at 13:46 Posted in Ontario 3 22
Ontario summer 2021 brides, I’d love to connect!
I’m struggling a bit with all the uncertainty that lies ahead. I’m an organizer and planner. But I’m having a difficult time with covid when it comes to decorating (idk if we’ll be inside or outside with restrictions), and planning a stag & doe (very important to my partner but is it realistic for March 2021!?). Just looking for others in similar situations to bounce ideas off of and gain insight from.

22 Comments

Latest activity by Matthew, on November 14, 2021 at 18:27
  • Nicole
    Newbie November 2021 Ontario
    Nicole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are getting married Nov. 6, 2021 regardless of restrictions in place. I'm already having a longer engagement than I would have liked if Covid wasn't a concern. I understand the anxiety though - I'm so anxious thinking about having to cut people from our list, and sad thinking about having a dance-less celebration. At the end of the day we just want to be married already.
    Being a Covid-Bride/Groom is certainly a different experience, but the first of many challenges in a marriage I am sure. Rely on your partner, share your thoughts/concerns and remember that at the end of the day both of you being healthy and well enough to start your journey together as a married couple is a win.

Wishing all of you the best in the next coming months!!

• Laura
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks! Reading this made me feel more grounded and realize that I should just be grateful to eventually be able to celebrate with all my friends still. I can't wait to get the dress too. Smiley smile

• Charlotte
    Charlotte ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It’s a good reminder you aren’t alone in how you’re feeling and it’s okay to feel this way!
    I’ve really struggled with planning or lack of as I am a planner and organizer in that sense. I’ve just tried to take a break for wedding planning. Not think about it, nothing I need to do right now. Although I did get an email saying my dress is in so I’m pretty excited about that! That is one thing that doesn’t change.
    I’m thinking of renting a cottage and having a girls weekend with my bridesmaids. Just stay in Ontario. Maybe do a hotel instead and go to a spa, maybe just drink and chat lake side. Haven’t fully decided but I’m happy with just spending sometime with them.
  • Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Im glad someone started this! I empathize so much with everyone here and haven’t felt like I could complain or worry freely about things with a lot of my family or friends.

I’m supposed to get married in York Region in August 2021. I’m also finding it hard to plan and it’s been taking a toll on my mental health and my relationship with my fiancé since I’m so stressed.
    For me, one of the best parts of the wedding is the dancing. We were expecting 180 guests, and I think we’d be able to cut back to 150 but 100 or less would be so difficult. Even if the capacity limits increased so everyone could come, the lack of dancing is devastating to me and makes me feel like everything would be a flop.
    I also wanted to do the bachelorette somewhere hot in the US but that won’t be happening anymore... what are people planning for that? I still want to have a fun girls night if things go ahead but don’t want to make my girls uncomfortable with covid.
  • Kaitlyn
    Kaitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have our stag and doe booked for March 7, and our wedding scheduled for June 26, 2021 with 200+ guests. I sent out our save the dates earlier this week but honestly feel like we will be capped around 100 guests - our ceremony and reception are both outside.

For our stag and doe I am thinking about getting tickets made soon and if we cant host a stag and doe we will do an online raffle for a bunch of different prizes - people can just tell us what prize they want their ticket(s) put in.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The thing is, even if the government allows it, a lot of people won't be comfortable with attending a mass gathering, and rightfully so. Even though rules allowed weddings of 50 and 100, we saw a lot of publicized cases stemming from weddings that became super spreader events.
  • Saudia
    Saudia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Nice, I think a lot of couples will be doing that if the limit for gathering is low.
  • Saudia
    Saudia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We are having ours at the Arlington Estate. I’m seeing some micro weddings happening there now with the current restrictions but hoping for the best for May.
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Where are you guys hosting your wedding?
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We're at the Richmond Hill Country Club. We're playing by ear so depending on the restrictions, we'll potentially just have the ceremony with a small lunch of 10 people and save the reception for when numbers go down.
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think it depends where in the country you'd have it but probably best to go wherever the majority of your guests are to minimize travel. I hear the UK's numbers are also much worse than what we have in Canada.
  • Saudia
    Saudia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi, my wedding is also in York Region (May 2021). The numbers are still climbing here and my venue also just came out of lockdown. As of now, they are doing outdoor weddings of 50-100 ppl max. Can I ask what your venue is? I'm curious as to what info York venues have given to their couples regarding spring 2021 weddings. I'm finding it *very* hard to plan not knowing how many people can be accommodated

• Juliet
    Newbie September 2021 Ontario
    Juliet ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi, I'm a total newbie here. I've been reading the posts and everyone sounds pretty nice and easy to talk to. I'm hoping to get married in September 2021, my only issue is I haven't been able to decide which country.. So a little background, I'm Candian (Born) but lived in England for a large part of my life so also a British citizen. Now my partner is British and trying to immigrate to Canada. That's confusing enough. We can't figure out where to get married here or there, and with Covid-19 it's even harder to make the decision. Help please, anyone has any similar issues? Thanks- Juliet

• Charlotte
    Charlotte ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I haven’t heard anything. In my head I’ve been planning with current restrictions, 50 indoor and 100 outdoors. Our numbers are about 100. Could you do it outside if the restrictions still stand?
  • Charlotte
    Charlotte ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We will be going ahead with it as well. Our guest list can be accommodated outside with the current rules so as long as the rules don’t go backwards I’m okay. It’s just knowing the physical space and what not but that can be determined closer to I guess. I think the smaller gatherings like bachelorette, bridal shower.. we will still do. But a stag and doe won’t be possible I don’t think. We’ll do some kind of raffle instead.
    I hope things just keep moving in the right direction!
  • Alexandra
    Newbie August 2021 Ontario
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Has anyone heard any "rumours" about what numbers might be allowed by August? I'm so stressed out about cutting guestlist and planning for 50 people. 100 would be doable and perfect so that's what I'm hoping for

• Kourtney
    Beginner September 2021 Ontario
    Kourtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are june 2021, i am still planning like there is no pandemic but then again I have a small guest list anyway. We have agreed to get married regardless of how many people are allowed. But the town we are getting married in is also a bit off the radar and has less restrictions. We have the option at our venue to have the ceremony one day and reception at a later date. But my sister in laws are planning a bridal shower for april/may. Fingers crossed for everyones sake it all works out and restrictions are lifted!

• Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We'll see how things play out. If the situation in March is what it is right now (stage 2) then we'll have to see what options date wise is available. If it's in Stage 3, we may proceed with whatever number we're allowed. York Region in Ontario just went into modified Stage 2, which means our venue is in lockdown and we likely won't have a game plan until at least the 28 days pass.

• A
    Alana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Do you have a back up plan if March doesn’t work? We are getting married November 2021
    and I have some family already commenting about what that time period will look like in terms of covid.
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Our wedding is supposed to be in December and we planned for a March backup in case December is a no go. With the second round of restrictions, and potentially more across Ontario in the upcoming weeks, my fiancee and I both think it won't be possible on either of our dates. That being said, we are in the GTA. I think with a stag and doe, the social aspect will actually be the hardest sell. Close friends and family might feel comfortable attending but I'd imagine it would be hard to convince strangers or even casual acquaintances to come.

• Charlotte
    Charlotte ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Haha, looking to connect with others in a similar situation!
    We do have the option to be outside. I don’t plan to do a ton of decorating but I’m not even sure if it’ll be inside or outside and therefore can’t even think about it.
    We had talked about doing 2, in our hometowns (6 hours apart). But i think he’s looking forward to it for the social aspect and the money it would generate. We plan to do a raffle either way. But when with restrictions loosen up? After the second wave? So end of the year? Or will life look like this for longer? Just looking for someone in a similar situation to listen to my concerns and questions and in turn share theirs.
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not a bride but will likely get married in 2021. Can we be friends too? haha

I see you'll be in a cabin-like venue. Do they have an outdoor option? One great thing about your space is that the character and aesthetic speaks for itself and you won't have to do much with it, regardless if you're in or outside.

In regards to a stag and doe, they tend to involve more people outside of your social circle. I think March might be tough but if your FH wants to go through with one, be prepared for the attendance to be lower than he expected.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics