Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Elizabeth
Beginner May 2021 Alberta

Online vs paper save the dates

Elizabeth, on June 10, 2019 at 18:29 Posted in DIY 0 10

Hey everyone,

my fiancee and i have been jumping back and forth trying to decide if we want to do online or paper save the dates, we are on a tight budget and don't know if paper invites are worth the extra money, i haven't ad much luck finding a website online to do the save the dates that is cheap and we don't really want to pay for the save the dates to be mailed out. any recommended websites out there or do you think we should just stick with paper ??

thanks

10 Comments

Latest activity by Lerissa, on June 11, 2019 at 12:17
  • L
    Newbie June 2019 British Columbia
    Lerissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We used the knot.com. We made a website for our wedding and send the link to everyone’s email. That way they could rsvp right on the site!
  • Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did online save the dates for out of town guests. I did the free ones on paperless post and it worked great. You're able to track and see which guests have opened it which is nice. Paperless post has a number of free ones. Just don't add anything to it like an envelope and it'll stay free.

We did traditional paper invitations. I dunno...I like getting invitations in the mail. Feels more special I guess. We didn't do all the added things like info cards or RSVP cards though. Printed the info on the back on the invite, and we're doing online RSVPs, so we cut corners and saved money that way.

If you decide to do paper invites, get stamps from Costco.

• Deziray
    Curious August 2019 Ontario
    Deziray ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did online save the dates and paper invites. I didn't see a reason to spend the money to send out a notice that an invite will be coming.
  • Hélène
    Devoted September 2019 Alberta
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Anytime! All the best!!

• Elizabeth
    Elizabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Okay, thanks so much for this advice! definitely helpful

• Hélène
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I did some creative work on the computer and send it out as a picture file. Nothing super-fancy or anything, just words over a photo.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Take a look at your guest list and the amount of couples or families. We did 1 save the date per family. So it saved us a ton of money. We also handed them out around Christmas time, so I really only had to mail out maybe 20 which really cut our costs.
    If you do online, keep in mind the family members that are not tech savvy may still like a physical save the date.
    Think outside the box. My cousin did a little piece of wood on a magnet that just had their initials and the wedding date. It was simple and cost effective for them!
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did paper save the dates, but I found this website that does online ones. It looks promising!

• Elizabeth
    Elizabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Okay thank you. how did you do them over email though?

• Hélène
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would say it depends on how big your guest list is, and how close they are to you. We did most of our save-the-dates by phone and email but, for our older guests, we did printed ones. We hit a Vistaprint sale and had less than 10 to send out, so it wasn't too bad for cost. You could also print at home if you wanted to, if there are just a few guests that you think would need or prefer the printed ones.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics