Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rachel
Devoted November 2017 Ontario

One shower or multiple

Rachel, on March 19, 2017 at 09:27 Posted in Before the wedding 0 10

How many showers are you having? i want one big shower but i think its going to be ablot of people. Also are you inviting people that aren't invited to the wedding? i dont want to but al the moms think that its okay to do so

what are your thoughts?

10 Comments

Latest activity by April, on March 20, 2017 at 13:21
  • April
    Devoted July 2018 Nova Scotia
    April ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sounds it :-)) :-))
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wanted one large one but my cousin basically said she has limited space and so I just decided family only for that one would work out best. But this way I can spend more time with everyone as I have a bigger list of people. My first shower is June 10th, the other is June 24th.

• Rachel
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Chelsea!

Depends on how many the total adds up to, we may split and do two seperate but likely i want to stick with one larger shower. I don't want to offend people or invite people who aren't coming to the wedding. its very strange that my mom's family has done this in the past...doesn't sit right with me! when was/is your shower?

• Rachel
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

aww thanks...my family is pretty awesome!

• Rachel
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

i agree completely. My mom told me that its the norm for our family and it just makes me uncomfortable

• Rachel
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm with you...one big shower sounds so nice! No one lives close so it would be a one time deal. I am looking forawrd to it but i don't want it to be so many people that it's crazy thats all. My mom told me in our family we have always invited people who weren't invited to the wedding but i don't like that. i don't think its right. my future Mother in law was surpised when i said one big one but didn't push and just said okay great! thank god!

• Louise
    Devoted September 2017 Quebec
    Louise ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am having one bridal shower with around 20 people. My close friends/family and my fiancé's family. All women as bridal showers usually are.
    I wouldn't invite people who are not on your guestlist for the wedding. It's usually frowned upon as bridal showers are about showering the bride with gifts so I think it may come across as rude as they will expect an invitation to the wedding.
  • April
    Devoted July 2018 Nova Scotia
    April ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ur lucky to even have family who want to do that -- i would be very surprised if my family wanted to do anything like this -- thats why i just figured that jack and jill shower will be 150x easier --
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My cousin surprised me and let me know she would like to throw me a shower. She doesn't have a lot of room in her house and so it will be for family only. My bridesmaids will throw me a second shower for friends and my fiance's side of the family. We are only inviting those that are invited to the wedding. I personally wouldn't invite people to the shower because they might then expect an invitation to the wedding and when they don't get invited, they might be upset or offended. Also most people bring gifts to the bridal shower and so if you invite someone to the shower, it looks like you were just wanted more gifts but that you don't care enough to invite them to the wedding. Just my personal opinion.

• Danielle
    Newbie October 2015 Ontario
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Personally, I had one big shower. I didn't want my bridesmaids/MOH to feel like they had to attend more than one shower. I didn't really want one in the first place but my mom and the girls wanted to throw me one so I told them that I only wanted one shower. My parents are divorced and I said that the only way I would have a shower would be if everyone was invited. Both of my parents and family understood. I provided them with my guest list so that they knew who was invited to the wedding. If they weren't invited to the wedding they weren't invited to the shower either. My grandma asked if she could invite some of my great aunts (who I never ever see) and I said that I wasn't comfortable with them coming because they wouldn't be invited to the wedding and I didn't want them to be under the impression that they would. My mother in law thought that the idea of one shower was ridiculous and actually told my mom that there would be too many people. I explained to her that I only wanted one shower and if she didn't feel comfortable coming, not to come. She came and everything all worked out. It ended up being a lot of fun.

Good luck Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics