Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Elizabeth
Beginner May 2021 Alberta

Officiants - how many did you meet with?

Elizabeth, on August 11, 2019 at 18:15 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 10
Hi ladies,
how many officiants did you meet with before you decided who to pick?? I’m just not sure how many people I should make meetings with.

10 Comments

Latest activity by Heather, on August 12, 2019 at 17:47
  • Heather
    Curious September 2020 Manitoba
    Heather ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We booked three meetings but we met with the 1st one and felt an instant positive connection so we booked with her and cancelled the other appointments. It just felt right!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I didn't meet with any! I contacted a few here on WW and then talked to the one we picked on the phone Smiley smile Little worried that he could bail but I know that if worse comes to worst we get my FH's Aunt/Cousin... to officiate.

• Andy
    Newbie August 2019 Nova Scotia
    Andy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey there, we only met with one, but I spoke with multiple before I found the perfect one. I highly suggest Lori Morgan if you are getting married in the Halifax area.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

1 Officiant was met in person as he was our choice after researching for so long and based on pricing. We needed someone that would do gay weddings since most refuse due to religious reasons.

Reviews also helped to know that this Officiant was good and worthwhile for services provided for the day to deliver. Result was amazing and on time before the ceremony.

There are many ways to find the ones you may like and if the price fits your budget. Call if needed to inquire and speak to the Officiant personally feeling you click with them.

• BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We only met with one, but, here in Nova Scotia, the number of JP's for the province is capped and all listed on the government website. It's pretty standardized.

We couldn't find any reviews, except for two and one of those two was the only JP we could find with their own website about their views, experience, etc. We met with her and clicked.

• Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I got the cards of a few officiants at wedding shows, and eventually just kind of clicked with one when talking to her at a show. She was also the only one who really stopped to have a conversation instead of just giving us her card.

Personally it was important to me to find someone LGBT+ friendly because even though my fiance and I aren't a same sex couple we both identify as part of the community and we wanted to make sure our officiant understood that.

I think it's important to chat with your officiant before deciding and I definitely recommend going to wedding showcases to find one

• K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met with two of them, just to get a feel for them and went with the one we felt had the best vibe with us Smiley smile

• Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I didn’t meet with any. I found one on the government website and that was it 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I met with one .. to me, it was such a non important thing for us. Plus, my sister in law actually performed the ceremony so the officiant was really only there to witness it, and provide paperwork so it was legal.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We only met with one and he was the one we hired.
    I went through a million profiles of officiants and just picked one. I was too overwhelmed with all the options in the area and everyone looked amazing!
    I would say about 2 or 3. You don’t want to do too many because then it will be hard to pick. But enough to make a comparison.
    Also make sure it is someone you can see marrying you and being in your wedding pictures. They will be in the most important ones!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics