Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Madison
Newbie April 2022 Alberta

Officiant Meeting

Madison, on October 30, 2020 at 10:46 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 4

Hi all!

My fiancé and I are meeting with an officiant (via FaceTime) today, and I have no idea what to expect! This is our first meeting with an officiant, and I want to be at least a little bit prepared. Can anyone offer any insights as to what generally happens in these meetings? I know that they are usually trying to get to know you and see if they will be a good fit for your ceremony, but that makes me a bit nervous!

Much appreciated Smiley heart

4 Comments

Latest activity by Hank, on November 3, 2020 at 16:02
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Right on! Good luck with finding the right officiant.
  • Madison
    Newbie April 2022 Alberta
    Madison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi!

Thanks for responding, the meeting went very well- I felt nervous for nothing (a recurring theme in my life)! They basically just walked us through the ceremony, what they would and wouldn't say, and asked our preferences on some things. Overall I got a very good vibe Smiley smile

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Get to know your Officiant as if your talking to a friend yet professionally. Get ideas of what services they offer and how personalized you can make it. Think of it as team work of your concepts and his prospects put together with the information picked up or mailed to you. Create your day from start to finish of what you go through and choose of your best choices from introductions, poems/readings, vows, and final closing. I put the whole thing myself together and handed the copy to the Officiant to make it easier.

Depending on how religious you two want to make it, its also good to ask if they include god into it. If not, they will let you know.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Madison, how did it go?

Not sure what was covered in your meeting but as a follow up, you can ask if they have any particular restrictions during the ceremony (some religious officiants can be picky about what they say or what they'll allow around the area like photos during the ceremony). You can also ask how they've conducted ceremonies in the past and whether there are video samples they can look at.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics