Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Caitlyn
Beginner July 2022 Ontario

Officiant

Caitlyn, on March 16, 2021 at 19:55 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 10

Is anyone else worried about who is doing their ceremony? I wanted my uncle to perform our service but after realizing the laws and hoops that one needs to jump through that idea was crushed.... I am concerned whoever we hire is not going to be personal and will just not fit in with our families.... I have been to too many weddings and all of the officiants have been subpar and unfortunately a bore....

any suggestions

10 Comments

Latest activity by Jeremy, on November 19, 2021 at 16:37
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our Officiant was great for what he did for our day and being funny in his way. He connected to everyone making them feel comfortable. The site isn't coming to mind though it does have a huge list of locals in the area Officiants.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My fiance and I talked to our pastor through email 3 years ago before zoom was a thing

• Caitlyn
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I didn’t even think to look for YouTube videos! Thanks for that suggestion
  • Caitlyn
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I hope we find someone we click with Smiley smile
  • Caitlyn
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I feel so uncomfortable with someone who’s a stranger 😩 wish it wasn’t so difficult
  • Caitlyn
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It’s so unfortunate that Ontario makes it so difficult. Hoping to find someone we connect with!
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I understand that! FH and I had hoped that FH's brother would officiate for us, but yeah all the hoops that had to be thought of pushed us away from that idea. Especially because he's in the army and was stationed outside the province.
    So what we did was email a few that came highly recommended by my planner, and family/friends that were recently married. We met with 5 I think it was just to get an idea of their personality and what they thought was most important in a ceremony. We both fell in love with the first one we met, he just had the right vibe for us as a couple and he understood where we were coming from in regards to what was important for us. I definitely recommend meeting with them or doing a FaceTime or whatever before deciding.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would honestly have some conversations with them first. Ask a lot of questions on what kind of weddings they do for service wise. Get a sense of what your ceremony will look like.

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Meet with a few and find one you connect with. We only met with 2 but one of them, we really clicked with so we booked her!
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Interview them. Ask questions. Get a feel for what their personality and service is like. Look them up and see if there are YouTube samples of them conducting a wedding.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics