Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Corrissa
Curious June 2022 Ontario

Officiant

Corrissa, on October 5, 2020 at 20:50 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 21
Hey! I am in search of an officiant for our wedding June 18th. We are not religious and this will be held outdoors at our venue in Vaughan. I am looking for any advice when searching for an officiant as I have no idea what I am looking for as well as no idea if some offer what others don’t? Any advice would be great! Also if you have any recommendations that would be awesome too!! Thank you.

21 Comments

Latest activity by Alison, on October 6, 2020 at 22:23
  • Alison
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Alison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Great! Good luck! Smiley smile

• Corrissa
    Corrissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Makes sense! Thanks
  • Corrissa
    Corrissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks ! Can I get her contact info?
  • Corrissa
    Corrissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Lol I guess that didn’t work .. they star out all emails..
  • Corrissa
    Corrissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! Do you mind emailing me his contact info.. for some reason it is stared out.. ***************@*******.***
  • Corrissa
    Corrissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you!
  • Corrissa
    Corrissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! I actually messaged her as well! I am hoping to meet with her virtually soon!
  • Amanda
    Frequent user October 2021 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ok perfect I have a phonecall booked for tomorrow . So hopefully I can make my decision thank you for your advice! How much did your charge ?
  • Kathy
    Newbie October 2020 Ontario
    Kathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I would suggest chatting with them first before putting down a deposit. We spoke with two who on paper we really liked, and when we spoke with them through Zoom, we found that one was a much better fit for us than the other. Both were very open to chatting with us prior to booking and putting down a deposit.
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh ok that makes sense that's great you found someone though ! Ya I'll touch base with him maybe just for a phone call . I did try looking him up on YouTube couldn't find anything unfortunately
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If you prefer not to do a call, try looking up YouTube videos of him conducting other ceremonies and see his voice, body language, whether he's consistent from one ceremony to another etc. That's what we did for us in lieu of a video call and found our guy to more or less be consistent throughout his services (though to be fair, there's not that many officiants who can do multi-lingual ceremonies in our language so it's not like we were overwhelmed with a ton of choices).

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ok perfect , I've looked many online and I really like this guy and the reviews say such great things , makes him out to be someone I'd like to hire for my day but I'll definitely ask for a video chat even though I feel they are awkward 😂
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I would ask to do a video chat with him. Most won't mind doing so (and it's not like there's much to do nowadays during a pandemic anyway).

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Should you put a deposit down on a officiant you haven't spoken too ? I have one in mind and I've been emailing him and he has amazing reviews on weddingwire and I really like him on paper but should I book without chatting with him first?
  • Kathy
    Kathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Also, forgot to say, book Zoom calls with all of your prospects before booking to get a feel for their personality and style. Go with your gut and chemistry. If an officiant can capture your attention during a Zoom call, then you know that they’ll have the attention of all your guests.
  • Kathy
    Kathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We just got married this past Saturday and Maryla Syta was our officiant. She was incredible, we used her for a bilingual Polish/English ceremony but all of our guests were so engaged and complimentary of her style, she made it really fun and kept everyone’s attention. Highly recommend her!
  • Ruby
    Newbie August 2022 Ontario
    Ruby ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Just booked ours but we are August 2022. His name is Donny from Ruby Entertainment. They aren’t on wedding wire but was recommended by our venue. He seems great!
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had emailed someone but he was booked for our original date already, but he turned us to a colleague of his. He's a wonderful man and asked us a bunch of questions that we hadn't even considered for before/during/after the ceremony. And he's completely open to adding/taking away certain things to make the ceremony completely ours. His name is Bill Shelsen and he was very reasonable with price too. In case you're interested, his email is ****.*******@*******.***
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Allseasons.com has all kinds of Officiants possible in your search. Many have found their choice on that site and responses well in what they wanted in the service provided by the Officiant. I hope the same happens for you.

• Alison
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Alison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We used Krystal Bond from Bridging the Gap Ministries (found through wedding wire) for our small ceremony in Newmarket in August. She was lovely to work with. Very personable and super responsive to emails. We had originally booked her just to sign paperwork as our friend was going to officiate, but we made some changes due to Covid and she was very flexible and ended up doing the actual ceremony for us. We didn’t shop around too much so I can’t speak to what others offer but price-wise she seemed fair. We also aren’t religious at all. She was very open to any changes we wanted to make to individualize the ceremony to our personalities.
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can look at this list of registered officiants with the Province of Ontario: https://data.ontario.ca/dataset/registered-religious-officials

Sort the list by denomination and then pick the ones that are local to you (pretty sure anyone in any part of the GTA will travel to Vaughan). You have to be part of a "religion" to be an officiant in Ontario but if you pick someone from the Humanist Association of Canada, that's pretty much a non-religious option.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics