Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Zara
Frequent user May 2021 Ontario

October 3 2020 Brides & Covid

Zara, on April 12, 2020 at 21:32 Posted in Ontario 0 8

Hi everyone,

I will be getting married in Toronto and I am absolutely terrified. My wedding will be around 500 guests with relatives coming in from Europe and Turkey. I have planned everything already. Are you worried about COVID-19 situation? We were planning to hand out invitations in September and I am extremely worried that we won't be allowed to have our wedding in fall. How are you coping with all this? Are you planning to postpone?

8 Comments

Latest activity by Zara, on May 8, 2020 at 14:19
  • Zara
    Zara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh my, triple the stress! It is so heartbreaking that we have to deal with all this. Smiley sad We will be waiting until August as well as things tend to change very quickly. My fiance's family is coming from Europe and my parents are in the "high-risk" group so I won't be risking anything if it seems like there might be a "potential second wave". I have the urge to postpone it to spring 2021 but I am holding on lol.

• J
    Newbie August 2024 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi all!

I feel your pain! We were originally set to get married on June 6th but have since postponed to October 2 but I’m even nervous about that.
    We’ve been together for 13 years so they idea of postponing again is just not something I want to do. If we can’t have a wedding on October 2nd then we are just going to go to the courthouse and get married, just the two of us.
    I’m on both ends of this though as I’m an event coordinator for the venue I’m actually getting married at. So on top of my own stresses I’m dealing with other couples stresses so I’m kind of over the whole thing lol it’s just a lot to think about and I feel bad for everyone!
    I don’t know when we’re going to call it, probably wait until August and see what information we have at that point.
  • J
    Newbie October 2020 British Columbia
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My wedding is for October 3rd, 2020. Although there are bans now that may be lifted for the Summer, a resurgence of Covid-19 cases may occur in the Fall. We are going to wait another few weeks before making a final decision to push it forward to June, 2021 but I think it may be for the best. Less worry and stress changing details last minute for everyone involved.

I would suggest changing the date and pushing it forward to early 2021 if possible? Contact your venue first to see if there are any dates available and then start contacting your vendors after to match up similar dates.

This also really depends on how quickly you want to get married. If you want to soon, you could have a small ceremony with a few family members in 2020 and then have a larger party or dinner celebration in 2021.

Just remember that your guests will definitely understand the change given the circumstance. Also, they will probably feel more at ease themselves knowing that a larger event will be held later in a more hopefully safer time.

Good Luck!

• Jennifer
    Beginner June 2023 Quebec
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    In the same boat here. Actually just postponed our June 20th wedding to October 17th and frankly, I’m still worried it will have to be cancelled. I don’t think we would want to postpone to 2021. We have been together for 10 years and we just want to be married already 🤣 we may opt of a small legal ceremony and then possibly a party at a later date. I’m going to wait it out until at least July/August before I make the decision or go based on the government restrictions they will keep putting in place. If you are ok with moving it to 2021 I would suggest you get a plan B date with your vendors and hold onto that until you are ready to make a decision.
  • Sasha
    Frequent user June 2020 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I would wait then until end of August. Wait and see how things are in the city. See what restrictions are lifted.
  • Zara
    Zara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Same problem here, we don't live together so we won't be able to move out until we are married. We discussed yesterday that we might wait until late August and then see what we can do about it.

• Sasha
    Frequent user June 2020 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Is there any way you can postpone to next year? I know it is not ideal but if you and your fiance can postpone, I highly suggest doing that. Check in with your venue and see what dates they have available. I bet by October 2021 this will be gone.

The hardest part for me is that me and my fiance don't live together so we want to get married asap. But If I lived with him already then I would postpone the whole thing.

I am just waiting for the ban to lift so we can have a legal ceremony this year.

I am also part of a wedding group on Facebook and most summer brides have postponed. September and October brides are still waiting it out...

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are worried and we’re July. However, invites went out in February before this got really bad and we’ve planned the whole thing now.

For a variety of reasons we won’t be postponing. In the event we can’t hold our wedding it’ll be cancelled and we’ll do a legal ceremony when we can.
    It’s hard but at this point there’s not much we can do but wait and see and so that’s what we’re doing as best we can.
    If you are worried, I would reach out to your venue to look into postponing and see what dates they have if that’s something you’re interested in. People say better to do that sooner than later as it can be difficult to get all your vendors available on the same day.
    I hope you don’t have to postpone your special day and I hope everything works out!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics