Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Newbie October 2021 British Columbia

October 2021 Wedding

Talia, on April 1, 2021 at 14:53 Posted in British Columbia 0 1

Hi everyone!

My fiance and I have had our date set since January last year for our Sikh wedding, I've already purchased my wedding and reception lenghas, have our temple booked and have decided on catering - still have more to do but it's a start!

We're trying to figure out our numbers - we're hoping that we're going to be able to do more than 50 people (just our immediate family between the 2 of us is 50 people).

How is everyone planning their numbers? I know Dr. Bonnie said that this summer would look like last summer and with the vaccine roll outs it's hopeful we can allow for a slightly larger wedding - even 75 people would work - but with the recent cases spike and the "circuit breaker" in BC it's hard to plan.... Help!

1 Comment

Latest activity by Christiana, on April 1, 2021 at 15:19
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Unfortunately I think we're in a wait and see kind of situation. If all goes to plan all adults in BC should be able to get both doses of the vaccine before your wedding but it's so hard to know how quickly cases will decrease and what restrictions will look like. If I were in your position I would plan for a few different scenarios and I'd also try to sort out now what your cutoff would be to postpone again or if you'll get married regardless of how many people can come.

I'm a bit doubtful they'd allow several hundred person weddings by the fall but if cases drop dramatically and nearly everyone is vaccinated by then 100 could be possible. Maybe make a plan for 100, 75 and 50 (if you're willing to proceed with 50) and try to wait to make any decisions until the summer once more people are vaccinated.

I would also make sure that any future contracts you sign with vendors have good cancellation policies just in case you do decide to postpone or if you need to decrease the guest count from what you initially tell them.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics