Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Brit
Newbie October 2020 Ontario

October 2020 couples - Are you postponing?

Brit, on May 12, 2020 at 20:47 Posted in Ontario 0 8

Hi! My wedding date is October 17, 2020, and I'm starting to get very nervous that we're going to have to postpone. The wedding was originally going to be 175 people, I'm aware there's a decent chance we'll have to cut that down, but I have a large wedding party and just don't see if we could do a wedding with less than 75 people. Our venue is one of the most popular in our area, so I can't even imagine they have much (if anything) available for 2021.

Fellow October brides, are you postponing? Or are you waiting it out?

8 Comments

Latest activity by Kristen, on June 11, 2020 at 13:37
  • Kristen
    Frequent user October 2021 Ontario
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We were Oct 3, 2020 and just decided to postpone to Oct 2, 2021 Smiley cry

• J
    Beginner October 2022 Alberta
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We were booked for October 3rd, 2020 for about 100 people, many who would be coming from out of province. We’re starting to think it’s just not feasible this year and have reached out to the venue, just waiting to hear back. We are thinking of having a small ceremony on our original date and looking at postponing our reception to next year and maybe even doing a vow renewal or something to that effect then
  • Allison
    Curious October 2020 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    October 24th and picked an alternate date for next year. We have decided to get married this year even if we can’t have the party and it’s just 5 of us (and our reverend has said that should be doable), and do the big reception with no church next year. BONUS: our church has live-streaming in-house. I don’t want to be a super spreading event and would rather my friends and family not risk their health for us! It is a huge bummer but I feel so much better having made the decision.
  • B
    Newbie October 2020 Ontario
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Brit,

Also named Brit and same date!! We have blocked off next year Oct 16th 2021 but are still waiting to see what happens just in case. We only have 90-100 people but our venue believes it will mostly be cancelled as do I. They have suggested we make final decisions by beginning of July. I felt having a cut off date was important to reduce my stress about it and made sure the venue and my photographer being my 2 most important vendors to me were available for the new date. We may still do a small ceremony as we like our date and still get married that day and do the big wedding the next year.
  • Siobhan
    Beginner October 2021 Ontario
    Siobhan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We just officially postponed until next year 😪

We were oct 17th too
  • Melissa
    Newbie September 2021 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m also Oct 17 and was thinking of moving it but we just got notice that our hall is only dealing with changes 60 days out, which was very upsetting and to me seems unreasonable. Well have to have further discussions with them.
  • Alexandra
    Beginner October 2021 Ontario
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Brit!

Our wedding was scheduled for October 2, 2020 and we just picked an alternate date for October 2, 2021. I was having so much anxiety about the state of our wedding this year and was not even excited to continue to plan anything! There were some big things that weren't able to be completed due to the shutdown so I just didn't feel like having it this year was a possibility. Also, we have almost 400 people and also have a large wedding party (22 total) so there was no way we could cut our guest list down! I just asked myself if I would even be ok with having a socially distanced wedding with face masks and possibly no dancing and I knew it was a no for me.

• J
    Frequent user October 2020 Ontario
    Jess ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am scheduled for October 2!! Getting kind of nervous, but trying to convince myself not to worry for another month or so. We are going to try wait it out until then at least. Our guest list is around 180 people, not sure how I will get away with less than 100... I guess we just have to try be super flexible and try not to panic yet.... easier said than done I knowSmiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics