Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Newbie November 2020 Saskatchewan

November (fall) Brides

Meagan, on August 5, 2020 at 15:37 Posted in Saskatchewan 0 1
Just curious what people are doing? Are people still holding out or calling it? Part of me thinks if schools are able to open (with little measures put in place and being in a teacher) that you would think they would lift on gathering sizes. I just have no idea. The closer I get the less optimistic.
Also if you chose to go through and get married are you still doing a photographer, wearing your dress etc? I feel like eloping just means an additional cost 🤷🏼‍♀️ I have no idea ugh 😫

1 Comment

Latest activity by Jessica, on September 25, 2020 at 16:20
  • Jessica
    Beginner February 2021 Saskatchewan
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'll be a February Bride. We are going with it.... Decided to do our Invitations for the wedding and put an RSVP date on it with a one-liner to the effect of "RSVP by _______. Reception details to follow afterwards due to Covid restrictions". People seemed to be quite open to that idea when I asked around (especially asked older relatives to see thoughts) so we'll be doing that. It's my preferred method rather than like others I know who had to call and tell people they could no longer attend the receptions. I'd just rather warn in advance so I'm not cancelling people... this way the ceremony part is covered via invite, the reception part will go to those RSVP'd and based in priority sequence with the covid restrictions closer to the date. (ie - currently 150ppl at ceremony, 30 or 50 (have to check) for reception, so our 110 invites will go out, then closer to will send reception info to the numbers we are allowed).

We also chose a larger venue to allow for social distancing with tables and such to ensure we have the space to do what we need to, closer to the date. Now... that could mean we end up with a lot of space if we don't have to social distance tables as far but then I'll just toss a last minute game area or something in to fill it Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics