Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kelly
Expert September 2019 Manitoba

November Engagement Photos

Kelly, on October 3, 2018 at 14:58 Posted in Before the wedding 0 8

We're doing our engagement photos early November, and I'm pretty stumped for what to wear.

Google isn't terribly helpful as all the photos look like they're taken in much warmer climates.

Its currently snowing...so I imagine a month from now it'll be full blown early winter. I had a dress...but if its cold, I'm not going to be able to wear it.

8 Comments

Latest activity by Rekramer, on October 15, 2018 at 15:33
  • Rekramer
    Expert November 2018 Ontario
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did jeans and leather jacket/button up shirt/sweater combos. we were fairly comfortable and carried warm coffee around to keep our spirits high!

• T
    Beginner August 2019 Manitoba
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We just had ours! My fiancé wore a red plaid flannel and I wore a beige sweater...super simple with jeans. We’re very casual!
  • Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It is not full blown winter here, definitely fall weather still. But my photos were last night and I wore a skirt with tights and boots, and a long sleeve shirt. We were out for an hour and I was not cold. If you wore something like that it is still feminine like your dress, but a bit warmer!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Depending on what your dress looks like, you could pair with a warm knit sweater (cardigan), leggings, and winter boots! Like many said you could have photos with coffee mugs full of hot chocolate to keep warm as well, or use a blanket as a prop too!

If you decide to veto the dress, you could wear nice jeans, winter boots, heavy knit sweater, and a warm scarf would look cute!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you're going to do them in the snow you could dress cute with winter boots, jeans, and flannel. OR you could go drastic and get really dressed up and do them in the snow. Just make sure you have a warm place to get into after!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am in the same boat but we will be doing our photo's in December Smiley tongue I plan on wearing a dress and going in and out of the cold to stay warm! lol Of course a cute scarf and blanket will be good too. Also hot chocolate.

I'll probably wear red or one bold colour to pop against the white snow.

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You could also do it inside...and an aquarium or an obervation deck.

If you do it outside think Danish Hygge style and cozy fires, and scarves. Pinterest or google “Hygge engagement photos”
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did our engagement photos in December, so full on winter! We just wore nice winter coats, jeans, boots and hats.
    If it's cold you can wear plain leggings under the dress if you want to wear the dress. Then have a nice thick sweater that matches and still shows off the dress. You could probably also bring a big thick blanket to wrap around you guys, those turn out super cute!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics