Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner November 2021 Ontario

November 2021 Wedding - Covid

Arden, on January 12, 2021 at 12:31 Posted in Ontario 0 13
Hi everyone!!! I am new to this community but definitely looking for some advice! I got engaged in June 2019 and we have booked our wedding for November 2021 in Niagara on the Lake! Our guest list is 150 people and we are about to send out the save the dates shortly. Although we are planning 150 people we are definitely ready to cut down the guest list based on whatever the guidelines/restrictions are at the time. We just really want to get married regardless of how many people we can have.

I’m curious for everyone else planning their 2021 wedding, what do you think the guest limit will be? I feel like I am probably being too optimistic planning a 150 person wedding! Would love to hear what everyone else’s guest count will be for their wedding?
Thanks ❤️❤️

13 Comments

Latest activity by Cristina, on January 27, 2021 at 16:13
  • C
    Newbie January 2022 Ontario
    Cristina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

To preface this: I am not a healthcare professional & this is just my opinion, and it's a different one than most on this thread.
    I know that this doesn't help but NO ONE KNOWS, not even our government or health professionals on when things are going to open up, and large weddings with dancing can happen. My wedding is January 2022 (Postponed from Dec 2020) so I am being optimistic, things are going to move quickly over the next few months in regards to vaccinations.
    I think by November 2021 things will be more or less back to normal. All of the health care workers, the more venerable & older generations (60+) should be vaccinated by summer in Ontario, meaning things will start opening up. Hey, Osheaga thinks they will have a festival in August!
    People's health isn't the #1 concern for the government, their #1 concern is the hospital capacity, & the economy. Weddings & Events are huge money drivers and I think the world wants to get back to normal once they are confident that hospital capacity can stay low, meaning things will open up. BUT, if there are a lot of guests traveling from abroad, that might be a different story ( I have no idea what they are going to do about travel yet).

So my fiance and I are going to stay optimistic like you! We are hoping for our original guest list of 230 guests who can hug and dance the night away in January 2022 because it's too far away to freight about it, and a lot can change in a few months.
    Happy Planning! Definitely important to stay realistic and prepare, but don't let those Negative Nancys get you down.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Good luck. As long as restaurants aren't limited to only 10 people indoors, I think that's the best and most cost effective option. Since you're in July, I would try and find one with a patio.

• Sam
    Curious August 2021 Ontario
    Sam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I am hoping to do an outdoor ceremony of 30 ppl and then rent out a restaurant indoors.
  • A
    Arden ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ah sorry you lost your deposit that really sucks!! I think I’m just having a hard time because I really wanted to be able to include family and all of our close friends! But it looks like we won’t be able to do that....I know ultimately though the main thing is the two of us getting married and that’s all that matters! I agree, I don’t necessarily think 2022 would be any better, and I don’t want to postpone.
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We're in the same boat. Life has to move on etc.
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Sorry to hear you had to lose your deposit.
  • A
    Arden ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes the good thing is the ballroom can seat 300+ people so we won’t have a problem with socially distancing everyone! But you are right, I am going to have to create a few different lists because we really have no idea what the limit will be! At this point I just want to get married, even if there is only 10 people!!!
  • Trish
    Newbie June 2021 Ontario
    Trish ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm also a November 2021 bride. I got engaged in 2018, had to postpone my November 2020 wedding and will be going forward with this wedding no matter what. We are planning for an overly optimistic 70 head count, cut down our list to 50 just last night and already have a list of ten ready. I don't believe a 160 people wedding would be possible for 2021 ... We forfeited our deposit with our banquet hall and have rented a new space for the day instead. We don't believe 2022 will be any better either, with the virus mutating, so we don't see any point in postponing anymore.
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Keep in mind, the 50 limit is contingent on your venue having space for 50 to be 6ft physically distant from one another, not just any room that can squeeze in 50. So depending on your venue's square footage, it could very well be less than 50. And that's IF Niagara is considered an Orange zone. If it's Red, then you'd be max 10.

Here's hoping vaccinations will reduce case counts by then but considering the government's response so far, I wouldn't hold my breath. Definitely prepare Plans B, and C, and maybe even D just in case (especially when your month is so cold). We're getting married in September and we're prepared with multiple contingencies.

• A
    Arden ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks so much for your response!! I really appreciate all of your helpful tips and will definitely use them when it comes to the planning process Smiley smile
  • A
    Arden ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for your response!! Yes it is an indoor venue, so I think you’re right we would be more likely at a lower limit. And thank you for bringing up that point... totally forgot i also need to consider our vendors!! It’s definitely going to be interesting to see what happens lol
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congrats!

I would hold off on the Save the Date just yet in case there may be changes. If you choose to go ahead with the Save the Date, a disclaimer should be noted with it for Changes upon Covid update.

Many of the Planning Tools is useful when starting your wedding.

Guests: Make your list of guests to invite and will tell you how many count you have as you stated. Your invitation can have this information to provide to your guests to RSVP on this site.

Budget: Your set amount and actual costs as added per category will let you know where you are for every task completed.

Checklist: This allows you to go through what is to be done and marked off once completed. Not all of the tasks may be needed as required.

Seating Chart: Your final count will let you set up the layout as with options given and tables for guests, gifts, cake and food.

Wedding Vendors: What services your require and inquiring of each category given some may give discounts being a member.

One tip of what I did consider to choose while planning was seeking out rental costs as oppose to retail for décor, and more. Ask friends and family for items they may not be using or borrowing for the day to save on the costs for one day purposes as it would be helpful.

• Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Since you're in November, I'm guessing your venue is an indoor one. If Niagara region is fortunate enough to be in an Orange zone by then, you could host 50 people (including your vendors like photographer and DJ). Though vaccinations are happening, I have a feeling the only relaxation of rules will be in the form of what businesses are allowed to operate.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics